best documentary

PSYCHOcatholic

"Capturing the Freidmans", a recently released documentary that began as a light piece about a family of clowns, then when the father and son were arrested during filming on charges of child abuse, suddenly became a different film completely. It shows the bizarre way that the family break down, and how they treat these very serious charges as an everyday matter...

Its a superb movie, tactfully made and very thought- provoking.

Here's some musical documentaries -

Don't Look Back - D.A.Pennebaker's look at Bob Dylan circa 1965

Monterey Pop - 1967, the first rock festival

The Last Waltz - last concert(released 1978) from The Band , one of the most underrated American musical groups.

Grateful Dawg - collaborations between Jerry Garcia and David Grisman (released 2000)

:guitar:

Haven't seen it, but I hear "Super Size Me" is a pretty good one. It's by a guy named Morgan Spurlock who, as an experiment, eats nothing but McDonald's for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a month. He chronicles how his health deteriorates, he gains weight, etc. Don't know if he's trying to make a statement, or if it's just an experiment, but it sounds interesting.

For one, F9/11 is NOT a 'documentary'.

If wildlife documetaries interest you, then it does not get any better than the hatred between lions and hyenas as filmed in...

Eternal Enemies: Lions and Hyenas.

It is a brutal thing to watch. But to make it easier, just think that this documentary was filmed in 1992 and that all of the animals which suffered in during the filming of this movie are already dead. ::

I'm a History channel addict. Hell! I fall asleep and wake up to it on the weekends. I'm such a nerd :: Actually, I was thinking long and hard about this and since this is a music forum primarily, I'd say all those VH1 specials about the 80s and 90s fit right into that category, so I'll say those are some of the best docus I have seen in a while :beatnik: