The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #141

Lucky

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also going to nominate Float On but I figured I'd wait a couple of weeks because I had just done Bukowski.

I would like to see more Modest Mouse in the tens. I really like them and their from Seattle :D

Edited by Guest

Holy crap, a Top Ten with the Beatles, Stones, and Led Zeppelin! Who'da thunk it? :shades:

But it's a really, really good Stones song :puppyeyes:

I know, darling. I just like to pick at the old folks. :laughing:

Here's one old folk who didn't vote for any of the "Big 3" classic group songs this TT. I felt my list very avante garde. ;) :guitar:

.. I even liked her eyebrows!

My apologies for the poor attempt at humour. My personal fave REM album is their 2nd, Reckoning. I love the first album, but it's a little spoiled by early 80s drum sounds ;-(

Thanks for the recommendations, though. Those are both wonderful. I think Everybody Hurts is truly one of THE great songs. Michael STipe has always bothered me (since I heard his comments about the Beatles, for example), but that somg redeems him for me.

Thanks again (and I apologise again),

LeeBB

Edited by Guest

^^ That ^^ is not only the one of the benefits, but actually the beauty of participating in the Tens. You get to learn so much music that you otherwise never have the chance to! Speaking of which ... y'all need to aquaint yoursleves with Mr Dave Mason! :P:)

Hey Lee, did I welcome you to the Tens? In case I did not .... Welcome to The Top Ten, Guppie! ;)

Thank you, Lucky,

Are you talking Dave Mason from Traffic, or Dave Mason of The Reels? Both well worth the effort.

Some of my fave memories are of the Reels' legendary Christmas shows... But that's probably a little too local for you foreign types ;-)

Love,

LBB

Great tt this week.

Edna, I don't for a minute believe you are either old or viscious. Age is only a number anyway. I personally think that you are a sweetie.

Welcome to Songfacts Lee. Nice to have you aboard. I am I think, the youngest member here ;););) . Congrats on getting both of your songs in the tt this week. Keep up the good work.

Fin, once again, I couldn´t agree more with you... :cool:

Edna, I don't for a minute believe you are either old or viscious. Age is only a number anyway. I personally think that you are a sweetie.

Thank you, Karma... :cool: And I think you´re a cool and rocking charming young lady... :bow: :bow:

Well, I just pretend to be old and vicious... :grin: :beatnik: :hippie:

Lee, welcome to the asylum, as Peachy would say. You love it here, you´ll love it more and more... :cool:

Hey Seeker,

I'm not sure what to say to a 21-year-old who says "Oh Well" to The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down. I hope that just means that you haven't yet discovered the joys of that sad and wonderful song. I imagine that the poignancy would be all the greater if I were American, or even from The South, but even we Un-Americans can find something there to tear at our hearts.

A friend of mine recently married a woman from Taiwan. She had never heard the Beatles, although she had heard the name. Now, in her thirties, she is discovering that whole fantastic world of stuff that is all brand new to her.

I hope that that is why you say "Oh Well" ;-)

See ya,

LeeBB

Edited by Guest

Thank you, edna :grin: :bow:

Hey Seeker,

I'm not sure what to say to a 21-year-old who says "Oh Well" to The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down. I hope that just means that you haven't yet discovered the joys of that sad and wonderful song. I imagine that the poignancy would be all the greater if I were American, or even from The South, but even we Un-Americans can find something there to tear at our hearts.

A friend of mine recently married a woman from Taiwan. She had never heard the Beatles, although she had heard the name. Now, in her thirties, she is discovering that whole fantastic world of stuff that is all brand new to her.

I hope that that is why you say "Oh Well" ;-)

See ya,

LeeBB

I know the song very well. It IS poignant, but I'm still no great fan of it. That's nothing to do with the lyrics or its meaning... I just don't like the melody, the arrangement, the whole atmosphere of the music. That's why I can take or leave it, and don't care much for it making the Top Ten.

Edited by Guest
edna!