Fahrenheit 911

PSYCHOcatholic

Im guessing nobody really wants to get things riled up, but, i guess i will. The movie Fahrenheit 911 was probably one of the most amazing documentarys ive seen. I must agree with most republicans when they say that it was one-sided. I will agree that the movie made Bush look like an idiot. But that movie made more sense to me then George Bush himself, it put peices together for me. If Bush wasnt vacationing, more could have gotten done. He NEVER shoulda one presidency in the first place. Polls show that after he got it, he shoulda lost it. The movie made me cry, it made me laugh, it did what it was meant to do. It was entertainment with truth to it. Im an independant still, still not a democrat. And im defenitlely not a republican. Tell me what YOU thought of the movie if you saw it....and if you didnt see it.....is there a reason???

girlyman.gif

george-w-bush-pictures-0001.jpg

Documentary-Presenting facts objectively without editorializing or inserting fictional matter, as in a book or film.

Propaganda-1)The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.

2)Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause: wartime propaganda.

I will refrain from further comment, as I have not seen the movie. I do not plan on seeing the movie because I do not care for the director. I have seen "Bowling For Columbine" and have seen how he edits to achieve his desired message, even if it changes the meaning of what the person being interviewed was saying. A proper documentary should be devoid of the directors opinion, and strive to show all facts without adding or omitting. Sort of like how the news should be, but is far from.

Moore has succeeded in what I am sure he had intended to do with his movie. He has made a lot of money. Sadly, it is at the cost of others pain and suffering. Is this not what he claims the current administration has done? I do not think the term "documentary" applies here.

Agreed, he is using images of dieing men and women to illistrate a point that is udder bulls***. This movie is nothing but his opinions which aren't worth 1cent anyways. Moore knows nothing about politics. He refuses to be on any shows that are not scripted, because survey says, he doesn't know jack crap! During the DNC he was the Oreilly factor, Oreilly made a joke out of Moore's film. Moore had nothing good to retort with.

Phsycho, I think you should look into Moore as a person before you go and start listening to his crap. You'll find out that Moore's nothing but a wh*re working for the Democratic party who pushes propaganda to make democrats look bad.

Just gonna make a point here.

I don't see how someone would want to listen to Rush before Moore, mainly because if you listened to Rush it's like you were taking advice from a drug addict.

Also, I have respect for Moore, because he is in no way a 'whore' for he was born in a conservative Michigan household, was a member of the NRA as a kid, etc. etc. (yeah so that scene that got a few of you mad when Moore said he was a member of the NRA to Heston, well that wasn't a lie)

So he managed to 'purge' himself of his childhood teachings and become his own person, and he formed his own thoughts, and so on and so on, which is much more than I could say for people like Rush, and Hannity and so on and so on.

Also, as far as F/911 goes, not only was it a political statement, it was a good movie from every standpoint, it was well directed, it was funny, the score was good, and so on and so on.

As far as Moore taking advantage of people's deaths, that's the biggest load of s*** I've ever heard, in my hometown several soldiers serving and retired have written in to praise him.

Also no one takes more advantage of the dead than our current president, if you don't believe me, watch one of his speeches (I'll warn you right now, you'll come out feelin' dumber after you're done) and see how many times he mentions the phrase '9/11' yeah, he sais it a lot, he uses it as a f***ing critical 'defense shield' so that no one can touch him, watch it sometime

"Mr. President some people believe that you're the most incompetant president ever, any comment?"

".......Well........ on 9/11"

Yeah, and Moore takes advantage of tragedy.

Moore takes things out of context, edits footage to his benefit, uses comedy to connect two things that have absolutely nothing to do with eachother (My little lamb), and flat out lies. Uninformed people (idealistic teens, confused elders, people who don't know much of what is going on) see this movie, and since they haven't been told much of the truth, they take this for the truth. I don't want to get into a big argument here, so I'm just gonna keep this light. There is some pro-Bush email going around talking about statistics from the war. I'm not sure how true it is, but I know a lot of the facts on there make perfect sense. Nevertheless it is a good email. I can't find it, but if I do, I will post it on here. No, on second thought, I won't. I'll let people who want to see it find it for themselves. I don't want to be the messenger that gets shot, plus I already probably look like an a**hole.

I know I have talked about the American film industry before, but the commotion caused by this film illustrates my earlier point perfectly. Irrespective of the Politics, the film (can't call it a documentary as those are supposed to be impartial) is designed to portray somebody's truth and to impose that truth on an audience in part willing to embrace it as fact. Nobody (not even our glorious leaders) will ever know all the facts about 9/11 or the war, as so many 'shadowy' people were involved in the build-up to each. All we can be sure of is that any version of events portrayed will say more about the author and his opponants than what actually happened, and that to accept a version by a Director (again regardless of Politics) would be naive in the extreme.

Regards

Everybody puts their spin on things to make themselves look right. I mean people can say people that believe Micheal Moore is truthful is uninformed, but you can also say that about people who believe Bill O'Reilly and Fox is fair and balanced. I personally don't let Moore or O'Reilly confuse me into believing what they want me to believe. I will be voting for Kerry because I don't believe you should ammend the Constitution to stop gay people from marrying.

I don't believe you should ammend the Constitution to stop gay people from marrying.

That is a very valid point. The Constitution was not written to put limits on a certain group of people, regardless of their age, race, creed, or in this case sexual preference. If he wants to outlaw gay marriages he should make it law, but not add it to the Constituion. I always wondered who Bush's advisors were who told him it sounds like a good idea. Didn't any of them go to school and learn what the Constitution stands for? It protects the rights of people, it does not limit rights.

I also agree with alot of the posts here. Moore is one sided to sway people to his thought pattern. Again, as mentioned above a documentary should only reveal the facts, not opinion. I have not seen Farenheit 911 nor do I plan to because of his opinionated viewpoints.

As for November, I will cross party lines for the first time in 24 years. I can't take another 4 years.

I'm going to try an intervention here. At this point, I was reading this thread and thinking, "This is good, we're having a constructive discussion about a very controversial topic without personal attacks." It went downhill pretty fast, so I deleted all the posts from this point down (including mine).

I know it's hard to discuss this movie without bringing politics into the game, but I ask anyone who would like to post in this thread to please keep it civil and try to talk about the movie.

The only problem with seeing Moores movies is that I do not know a whole lot about politics. I really don't know what to believe. I know they must be lying in the government, the news, and probably in this movie too. I wish that he would make a movie about something I know more about, such as music or something. Then I would be able to tell whats a lie and whats the truth in his movies.

Ironically enough, the thing that made me most mad about this movie was not how Bush handled 9/11 or how Moore presented the info, but how when she told the lady on the street "My son died in Iraq" the lady responded by saying "Well, a lot of other people have too." and walked away. How cruel!

That lady was just a pissed off republican. Thats what really ticks me off is that to most republicans in politics and news will talk about how patriotic our soldiers are........but if they disagree with what they believe they will say anything to belittle them and what they have done. Take John Kerry for example if his name was George Bush we wouldn't be allowed to talk about his service in Vietnam because then it would be unpatriotic. Just think about it.....what if George Bush had a silver star and three purple hearts what would the republicans say when democrats tried to discredit that.

Okay wait, Kerry is scum because he protested a war he fought right? Because he disagreed with an experience he had? And it's just fine to call him scum for that, yet if I were to bring up Georgies Cocaine thing and his DUI "Well that's just fine 'cuz it was in the past"

How lame is that?

Also those guys that are assaulting Kerry, they weren't his troops they weren't on his gunboat, what would they know? Whereas the members of his gunboat all side with him.

Bush and Co. made a mistake for not denouncing that ad, McCain's starting to go on the warpath, just an omen for times to come.

No, but they were contradictory by the fact that he wants to initiate one of the strictest anti-drug campaigns ever.

Also, it's well within your rights to protest something that you believe is wrong, what Kerry did was patriotic to the max, simply exercising his rights.

You see Kerry went to Vietnam even though it went against his personal beliefs, but he still did it for the good of his country.

Then he went there, realized that the war was not only good for him but for his country as well.

Really, so... if George got loaded every night and now he sets up his own little crusade that's perfectly fine right?

So why can't John Kerry protest a war that he went to, isn't that just fine using your sense of logic?

As far as him having to go, too bad he didn't have a daddy that could get him bumped up on the National Guard list :puppyeyes:

OK EVERYBODY! I AM GOING TO TRANSITION THIS POST INTO RANDOM THOUGHTS...I DONT WANT CARL TO USE THE EDIT BUTTON AGAIN...JUST KEEP TALKIN ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE TALKIN ABOUT, I PRETTY MUCH COVERED THE WHOLE SUBJECT. ITS NAME IS FAHRENHEIT 911 TRANSITION! I WILL POST A COUPLE OF THE LAST REPLIES IN THE POST...THANKS GUYS! :coolio: