Site to help you find your kind of music?

dalnet22

Does anyone know of a site that helps you find music you would probably enjoy? I've always wanted a website that would either quiz you or find songs similar to the ones you list. For example, if I typed in say Rush - Subdivisions, it would show me similar songs.

So has this been designed yet or do I have a million dollar idea?

There was a thread I read just a few hours ago in one of these forums, I forget which one, about a site where you would type in a band name, and it would give you the bands that it influenced, the bands that influenced it, stuff about the genre it was in and what the genre branched off of, and if it inspired any nerw genres. Sounded pretty cool

allmusic.com has some great charts where you can find music that is similar to or an influence on a certain band. It's fairly subjective, but a good start.

You might try posting here with some bands and albums you like and letting us lob some ideas your way. If you're truly into Rush, I'm sure there are a few people here who can make some suggestions for further listening. ::

Cool, thank you.

It's kinda hard for me to tell you what I'm looking for because I can't really explain what I like. Maybe soon I'll post some specific info about my tastes and see if anyone has any ideas. The only way I currently find songs I like is by going through ITunes and listening to the clips of all my favorite bands.