Obama wins election

Batman

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It´s touching... :cool: I think America took a big step and showed to the world that all men are actually equal. Seen from outside it´s something that makes us think about how there is still much real human values alive and kicking.

Maybe I´m a fool for believing in what I just said... but that´s how I feel.

It´s touching... :cool: I think America took a big step and showed to the world that all men are actually equal. Seen from outside it´s something that makes us think about how there is still much real human values alive and kicking.

Maybe I´m a fool for believing in what I just said... but that´s how I feel.

Maybe someday America will also realize that women are created equal to men!

I, for one, can hardly wait for this nation to start turning on its axis, and functioning in a smoother fashion, and our military coming back from Iraq, etc. etc. etc. It'll be a real stick in the eyes of those who voted against him when Obama starts making real progress and they are forced to see it and indeed revel in it.

I love Obama :D I am a groupie :D

I watched the speeches, and I dislike McCain's crowd - all white faces booing when he took Obama's name. When Obama gave the acceptance speech - his crowd was lovely and had people from everywhere - all colours, all walks of life - and they even clapped politely when he took McCain's name. I'm glad that crowd won :)

While inheriting a road filled with potholes, he has the luxury of a strongly (veto-proof) Democratic Congress, a mandate from a strong majority of electorate (finally!) and what traditionally is called a "media honeymoon;" all of which will be supportive of nearly all that President Obama desires to initiate and upon which he desires to follow through. These factors alone should help the smoothing process along that road, to the point that the question becomes, "Where will it lead?" That is always the big adventure - and many times the wild ride - in governmental politics. I hope wisdom and commone sense will prevail over emotion in the coming administration.

One very positive thing is the world will no longer be inundated by David Letterman's "Doesn't America have a stupid president" campaign, that I always felt was in no way helpful and woefully lacking in creative amusement. You can bet he will show deference to President Obama.

It's a proud day to be an American.

I look forward to seeing who Obama selects as his cabinet, advisors, etc.

I look more forward to seeing his approach to making Americans feel more secure in terms of the economy, healthcare, social security, education, the laws of the land, national security and foreign policy.

I look forward to seeing America regain respect around the world. No more heavy handed approach. More diplomacy. Might, of course...when necessary. But hopefully that "kinder, gentler" nation we've heard about in the past but lost sight of in recent years.

I also look forward to seeing an aura of intellect in our White House. Erudition. Articulation. Thoughtfulness. Grace. Civility. Concern.

Will he accomplish everything he sets out to do? That'd be incredible and is unlikely to happen quickly, if at all. Will he put America on the right path? I believe that he will. Especially if Americans are willing to follow.

As for McCain...I hope he will return to the Senate and continue what he has done in the past(for the most part) in representing this great country. I hope he returns to being the John McCain he was before the campaign...not the stranger he became in the past year.

________ :couch: __________

Maybe someday America will also realize that women are created equal to men!

Agreed. Still, a good chunk of America already does. And it was disturbing how sometimes this campaign seemed to show sexism as even more powerfull than racism. !!! And a lot of it may have to do with the way women see themselves, and just how afraid men of all races can be of a strong woman! But it's a process....

!!!!!!!!!! <:help:> !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Guest
- word + emphasis

Really? Apart from it being fairly natural to find yourself worrying about whether the president of the so-called most powerful country in the world is going to be the type to declare war at the drop of a hat, when something gets this kind of media coverage, it's difficult to ignore.

'course you probably get ten times the coverage, so it's no wonder you're sick of it.