Music Magazine Recommendation

RonJonSurfer

depends a bit on the music she listens to...

if she wants to learn German and likes (Indie) Pop/Rock I would suggest Musikexpress

if she wants to learn German and likes Alt Rock then Visions

personally, I only read the Rolling Stone out of nostalgia, when they feature interviews from 20, 30, 40 years ago

I don't read too much English music magazines...

NME maybe?

I subscribe to RS, people seem to dislike it for some reason, but I think it has some pretty interesting articles. My only problem is that in the past few years, it seemed like every other issue was a nostalgia issue, like, an issue where the cover story is about something that happened 40 years ago. They've gotten better about it though.

And a lot of people HATE Spin and Blender but I don't know why. I've only read a few issues of each but they had some pretty good articles.

Spin and Blender are for indy-kids with their blinders on.

Rolling Stone can get a little up inside it's own sphincter sometimes, but for the most part it's a good read, there's some humor, great stories, really great sometimes, and they have some good music articles here and there, tho sometimes they take a corporate slant and you have to look between the lines for a good music recommendation.

Most of the nostalgia stuff was for the 40th anniversary last year, which they basically used as a celebration of how awesome they are/were.

I guess that explains why the nostalgia issues have stopped by now. It was really lame while it was happening though. I want to read about what's happening now! Not have someone retell me something about the 60's everyone already knows.

...personally I still miss Creem and Circus magazines...

I wasn´t really a fan of Circus but I did love Creem, Rolling Stone, NME and MelodyMaker back in the days... :cool: and Rock&Folk, the french magazine, one of the best music magazines ever.

I wonder how I managed to read every line in those magazines... I had time by then! :laughing: Actually, it was like being in the University... ;)