2009 in music

Batman

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Bitter Almonds, it most likely will suck more than this year. Who knows? Hopefully Muse will have their next album out next year, and that's about it really. Everything else just sounds below average and boring to me. Oh yeah, and U2's new album, can't wait for that!!

what is 'everything else'? I have no idea what bands will release anything :P

all in all a very pessimistic view you have there Mr Floyd :(

2008 has been alright, probably not one of the best of the decade, but good nonetheless. 07 was great! Hard to say how good 09 will be because the only two things I know for sure are coming out are Animal Collective and the Thermals (both of which I'm really excited about).

• 2 weeks later...

Friends and Fans,

The Empyrean is my new record and will be released worldwide via Record Collection on January 20th 2009. It was recorded on and off between December 2006 and March 2008. It is a concept record that tells a single story both musically and lyrically. The story takes place within one person, and there are two characters. It contains a version of Tim Buckley's, 'Song To The Siren' and the rest of the songs are written by me. My friend Josh plays on it, as does Flea. It also features Sonus Quartet, Johnny Marr and The New Dimension Singers. I'm really happy with it and I've listened to it a lot for the psychedelic experience it provides. It should be played as loud as possible and it is suited to dark living rooms late at night.

- John Frusciante, November 3rd, 2008

The Empyrean The Empyrean Track listing:

1. Before The Beginning

2. Song To The Siren

3. Unreachable

4. God

5. Dark/Light

6. Heaven

7. Enough Of Me

8. Central

9. One More Of Me

10. After The Ending

JohnFrusciante.com

RecordCollectionmusic.com

I agree with Bitter Almonds, it most likely will suck more than this year. Who knows? Hopefully Muse will have their next album out next year, and that's about it really. Everything else just sounds below average and boring to me. Oh yeah, and U2's new album, can't wait for that!!

Haha, yeah that's what's going to save pop next year, another awful U2 album.