Joe Strummer and Gobs

Nicole19111

Whoa...where did I get all those stars from? I'm confused..anyways, here's my question:

I know that Joe Strummer contracted Hepatitis in 78' from swallowing a gob from the audience, but here's my question: what kind of Hepatitis was it?(A,B,C,E?) How did he beat it, if Hepatitis affects you for the rest of your life?

Thanks! :headphones:

I didn't know he had hepatitis. If he got rid of it, then it probably was Hep A, but it's weird he thinks it came from spit since that usually is transmitted through microscopic fecal matter like when food preparers don't wash their hands...

If it was something chronic that he had to deal with his whole life, then Hep C...? I think Hep B is worse than the others.

• 1 month later...

Joe Strummer died from heart attack, I don´t know if he also had hep A, B, C, D or whatever. Could be he had the C, which is a very common thing nowadays. It has no symptoms but if he was a heavy drinker or took drugs (which I ignore) it could have become a chyrosis or a liver cancer. It´s a sexual transmission illness in some cases (few) and it´s only contagious through blood, as it seems.