How Blue can you get?

Viaene

cool, thanks for those links, Bluesy. It helps to know what I'm reading about... it's interesting to me that on those videos Miles almost almost looks like he's got stage fright... he doesn't move around at all... on the other hand, it's probably just because he's so focused. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I happened upon this Janis Joplin performance. Watching and listening brought a genuine tear to my eye; not because she is no longer here, not because of any memories or nostalgia, but because her voice made me feel so much sadness for the character she portrays through this song. I noticed too that the audience in this clip are not in awe of a superstar, not enjoying a raucous time of entertainment, but rather that they too have looks of sadness upon their faces. It seems it would be difficult to watch this and not be affected thus.

This is the blues. This is talent. This is soul.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

I would like to mention one of my fave bands of all time, The Groundhogs. :)

They backed John Lee Hooker on his tour over here in the mid-60s in the Yook then built up a great live and recording reputation, up until the 80s.

Basically a one-man band with session musicians (especially after the first flurry of success), "they" are still going although guitar hero and main-man Tony (TS) McPhee suffered a stroke a while back and no longer sings.

Edited by Guest