Italian band... shame they are not big here yet.

SweetJennyHaley

Lacuna Coil has a great sound. Powered by a female vocalist Cristina Scabbia. Along with the male vocalist who sometimes over powers her beautiful voice. After a few repeat hearing sessions you will tend to feel as if their voices accent each other. At first it may be a little too much to take in. Evanescence was blamed by many confused fans as ripping off the sound of Lacuna Coil, but seeing as they both released their ep on 1998 it is hard to see one band ripping off another half way around the world, but a mainstream band with a similar sound would be them. My favourite Lacuna Coil song would be Distant Sun. Their music in their earlier days sounded very similar, but with their new c.d. they have reached a new height in their career. Their site is here: http://www.lacunacoil.it/ You can get everything you need there. This band will appeal to many heavy fans, even though they are classified as gothic. This band can still reach the long term rock fans even with their new style. The one thing that will stick out especially in their new "Comalies" c.d. Is how well everything fits in. The riffs the sounds just all perfect. The vocals are very hypnotic. All songs are in english. At least all that come to mind.

As far as I can ascertain, this is Death Metal stuff, am I right? I've seen a couple Lacuna records in the metal sections of CD shops and such...

I've heard that they are indeed pretty good...

Yeah, most (if not all) their lyrics can be found on Darklyrics... and all except Un Fantasma Tra Noi are English... (I believe that's an instrumental anyway...)

Endorsement from here too >thumb<

I can never truly tell the difference between all types of metal, I myself wouldn't classify a group like Lacuna Coil, with the style of groups like Cryptopsy, or Cannibal Corpse... The last music store I went to didn't even have a proper section for anything. They only had an alternative, and a metal section for rock. In cases like this gothic bands get thrown in the metal section, but in the case of Lacuna Coil they are said to be Metal, but what type of metal is beyond me. I myself would picture them goth... but now-a-days there is so many different types of everything it is hard to say what is what any more, I mean the lines have been smeared. For example Korn and Marilyn Manson would sometimes be found in the metal section, but as far as many of their fans will say they are truly goth. As towards the non-english song, I think you are right.. but the song you named I would think is off their ep which I am still trying to get a hold of. I have heard it off my sister and all, but I haven't truly sat down with it. I always referred to that song as "A Ghost Between Us" I think they have one song in Italian..I can't believe I missed it.. "Senzafine" would be one of the non-english songs. You should check them out. Thanks for the comment :)

I should really say...

I'm not so much of a metal fan, to be honest. More of a music fan. If I'm listening to Metal, then I become interested in it, doing whatever... or whatever.

I can't see the fans calling KoRn gothic... perhaps Manson I can understand. So far as my primitive mind goes, Gothic refers to architecture. >grin< Don't worry, I'm not that daft...

Yeah, in our record shop, the one nearest, there are aisles and aisles of Metal stuff, in Black, Death, and Foreign categories, including a section for Nu. Terrible stuff from the latter... loads of kids flockin' around the aisles.

All the best

Wonderful me

What is up with this whole Nu craze? why do things have to change? I mean Nu punk? A lot of it sounds like a hybrid pop-punk mistake. Call yourselves pop. I mean I will openly listen to pop, but a prissy group trying to be punk just hurts. What would the clash, and the sex pistols say? Wait you mean this "Nu" thing has hit metal too? what the heck is going on? did rockers lose a war? ::

Oh about the korn thing... I was having a strange argument with a korn fan, because he kept insisting Korn was Goth and Adema was metal.. I mean there is some difference in both the half-brothers groups styles, but to categorize them differently was just too much too understand. Who comes up with these categories anyway? I mean I can categorize every band out there into a different category, if not it would be like saying every group is truly the same... but of course some are weirdly very similar. I mean why can't something be only one thing.. not have to be categorized further? Since we are here already, who would you say is better, Adema or Korn? I pick Adema because KoRn seems to only please me with a meer two songs from their c.d.'s while Adema pleased me more. There new c.d. is out here on the 12th I believe.

Have a Great Day!! :) (Quickly becoming my catch phrase)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Lacuna Coil are an awesome band - there are quite a few fans back home in South Africa and most of my friends over here listen to them and have their albums. Cristina Scabbia has an amazing voice! I would say their music is more instrumental/goth. If you enjoy stuff like Nightwish and Symphony X, or any orchestral/symphany rock - you'll really enjoy Lacuna Coil! :thumbsup:

Oh about the korn thing... I was having a strange argument with a korn fan, because he kept insisting Korn was Goth and Adema was metal.. I mean there is some difference in both the half-brothers groups styles, but to categorize them differently was just too much too understand. Who comes up with these categories anyway? I mean I can categorize every band out there into a different category, if not it would be like saying every group is truly the same... but of course some are weirdly very similar. I mean why can't something be only one thing.. not have to be categorized further? Since we are here already, who would you say is better, Adema or Korn? I pick Adema because KoRn seems to only please me with a meer two songs from their c.d.'s while Adema pleased me more. There new c.d. is out here on the 12th I believe.

Have a Great Day!! :) (Quickly becoming my catch phrase)

Korn? Not Goth. Neither is Lacuna Coil. They're more like Metal or Black Metal. They took the Goth look, but that's where the similarities end.