Bad Albums by Great Bands

Farin

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I have no problem with that list, apart from Weezer. To tell the shameful truth, the Green Album is the one Weezer album that I listen to again and again. Full of pure silly pop hooks, no self-importance, good sing-along stuff that my teenage kids and I turn up loud in the car.

Old and tasteless, that's me...

LeeBB

Well if you are 45 now, you would have been in your 30's when that album came out, and it's definitely directed more at teenagers. I'm pretty sure I was 15 when I first heard it and I thought it was so awesome. I suppose The Sweater Song was written for teen boys and Island in the Sun was written for adults.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I would say that Let It Be is just not up to the Beatles' usual high standards. But I wouldn;t in any way agree that it's a bad album. I can think of at least four classic tracks on there, and that's not even counting The Long And Winding Road. A bit of a mixed bag, but with enough meaty goodness to make most other bands green.

LBBB

Emotional Rescue by the Rolling Stones isn't as good as most of their previous material, IMO.

Well, did they ever make a great album post Some Girls? Tattoo You was a brief glimmer, but that's about it. But I guess 17 years of classic albums is pretty impressive.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll probably get flamed a bit for saying this, but do understand they're one of my favorite bands so I'm not just being arbitrary.

The Wall and The Final Cut.

There are a few songs on The Wall that I like: Goodbye Blue Sky, The Thin Ice, Young Lust, Hey You, Run Like Hell and Comfortably Numb. My problem with the album stems from how it was made, not necessarily the music that it contains. It was all but a one-man band at that point, and it shows. Very little contribution from other members and because of that, Roger's ego was allowed to go unchecked and just melt all over everything. I know it's their biggest-selling album in the States and I don't begrudge anyone who does like it - taste is subjective. That being said, I just cannot listen to this.

Same goes with The Final Cut. That was for all intents and purposes, a solo album and billed as such. There's very little "Pink Floyd" on it. As dated as it sounds, I'd rather listen to AMLoR.

I didn't say anything was wrong with it per se, just that it sounds very dated. You listen to it and know it's an 80s record. Sorrow, Terminal Frost, Learning To Fly, On The Turning Away....all great songs. Just a little heavy on the late-80s production values, although it is better than The Final Cut.

"Let It Be" - Beatles

It was a tough moment... :shades:

Well, there´s Long&Winding Road, I, Me,Mine, Across the Universe...

Emotional Rescue by the Rolling Stones isn't as good as most of their previous material, IMO.

It has some good songs like She's so cold, All about you... Down in the hole...

I think their last good album was "It´s only rock and roll". They had some good tracks on "Some Girls". And nothing great in the 80s, 90s and 00s...