Little Feat

_Laurie_

Great concert!...Little Feat rocked the place, wow what great musicians these guys are...And the female singer Shaun Murphy really can belt it out that's for sure...great voice, and fits in well with the rest of the band..She kicked butt on the song "Feels Like Rain"!....They played for 2 1/2 hours!....They will be touring in Jamaica soon so they said they would open the show with Jamaica's National Anthem, "Don't Bogart That Joint".... :D :beatnik: The last song of course was "Dixie Chicken which they jammed for about 25 minutes on that song...each member did a little solo, one by one, then they exited the stage after their solo...then everyone cheered for an encore...they came back on and did the song "Willin'" and then ended with "Oh Atlanta"....Very glad I got to see these guys, and It was nice having center stage balcony seats also... :thumbsup:

It can't get much better than 25 minutes of "Dixie Chicken." Good to hear Little Feat can still deliver.

Laurie, check out the Dixie Chicken Songfacts - I never really thought about what's going on in the song before.

BTW- Not that many people call in to win the radio contests, so you have a decent shot if you pay attention. The contests are pretty predictable, and some people have it figured out - they're known (affectionately) as "Prize Pigs."

I've won radio contests several times, for various things from concert tickets to ballgame tickets, and once a Vermont Bear.

One of my "wins" was John Mellenkamp/John Fogerty tickets, as well as a meet & greet. Courtesy of RonJon. Actually, courtesy of one of his news stories. The answer to the question was something I'd remembered reading here, and since I was logged (as usual), a quick search, and voila! :)

I love Songfacts. I would also have loved 25 minutes of Dixie Chicken. ;)

They have a new CD out that I want to give a listen to called "Join The Band"...it's Little Feat with various artists...looks interesting..I wanted to buy it at the concert but, it was so packed there I didn't want to wait...I'll just have to get it when I go shopping again!...Ifound some contact emails on their website...hopefully they will get back to me!

I saw Little Feat in 1975. They were the opening act for Dave Mason. I didn't know of them before that show, but I became a lifelong fan of them because of that concert. Lowell George and the rest of the band were outstanding. Good for you, Laurie.