!?txen revetahW

Earth-Angel

Link to source

FURIOUS parents have demanded toy-makers Fisher-Price remove a doll that appears to say: 'Islam is the light'.

The £19.99 Little Mummy Real Loving Baby Cuddle and Coo Doll has caused outrage in America where parents say it 'spouts religious messages'.

Distributers Mattel say the toy – sold in Britain – is programmed only to say the word 'Mama' and the rest is just 'gurgling and gibberish'.

They refuse allegations that a Muslim worker has tampered with the voice box – and deny the plaything also says: 'Satan is King'.

But stores in America have removed the doll – and demand that Mattel remove it from British shops too.

But stores in America have removed the doll – and demand that Mattel remove it from British shops too.

Fascists! They want to censor a doll, just for gurgling "Islam Is The Light"? How does this tie in with this "freedom of speech" of which America is so proud? ;)

Wouldn't happen over here, where the Mattel Baby Coo And Cuddle Doll comes in a variety of skin tones, gurgles in different languages and, (in accordance with agreed quotas), worships diverse deities, so as to be truly representative of our multi-cultural, secular society. :)

I agree with the press coverage... suggestive thinking is quite powerful...

I once saw a scientific show that had a story about how the child choir in "Another Brick in the Wall" was actually singing german lyrics...

they had a reasonable background story about it, and played that part a couple times with subtitles, and I was actually very convincing...

(only after showing it they said that it was a bogus story to show how convincing stuff like that can be)

This reminds me of the edits that had to be made for Splatterhouse here in the US to appease radical xtians. Here in the US, we are no strangers to radical religious groups :beatnik:

All references to the Stage 4 boss area being a church are removed, including the altar.

The cross boss of Stage 4 is totally replaced with a new enemy, "Evil Sleep", and his heads are renamed "The Nightmares" (only three of the original six in the arcade game are present) and the weapon for the boss is changed from an axe to a gold meat cleaver, the only cleaver in the game.

The final boss grave is changed from a wooden cross to a tombstone.

The TG-16 version was also released on the Wii Virtual Console in Europe on March 16, 2007 and in North America three days later on March 19, 2007. The version of the game ported to the Wii Virtual Console is the Western TurboGrafx-16 port; therefore it is the "censored" version as opposed to the "uncensored" original arcade game.

http://www.answers.com/topic/splatterhouse

http://www.answers.com/topic/spla0001-jpg-1

• 3 weeks later...