Battle of the initialed Bands

golden_ann

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has mentioned BOC- Blue Oyster Cult. Although I dislike it when people use initials for bands if that wasn't the original name. I still call them Blue Oyster Cult. When Creedence Clearwater Revival was recording, they were never called CCR. If anything they were just called Creedence. Oh well. If the world turned according to my likes it would be a whole different world. :googly:

Oh yeah Diggs how's the Mrs? Do we have a baby yet?

Oh yeah Dave, if you've never been able to really get into R.E.M. I reccomend their album 'Monster' you might like it, a good number of the tracks on there have a real 'Floydesque' quality to 'em (Peter Buck, one of the most inventive and underrated guitarists IMO, uses this technique on that album (that's especially potent when you're wearing headphones) that just fills the air with great guitar sound)

'R.E.M. stands for nothing, but will lie down for anything'

Thanks. I remember you saying that before but I forgot when I made the original post. I don't mention REM a lot but I do like them.

Typical but my favourite song by them is Losing My Religion.

Recently they did a free concert on direct TV and I was impressed with the communication they had with the crowd.

Stipe is so natural on stage.

ELO has a way bigger repertoire than DMB. Although DMB is good. ELO has better songs, and more of them.

I think you must be from an alternate universe - do you all have a different definition of "better" than we have? =:P

also - thought of a couple more:

QOTSA - queens of the stoneage

AYWKUBTTOD - and you will know us by the trail of dead :laughing:

I hate Dave Matthews Band. He's such a geek and he's got this attitude. He think he's such an intellectual and modern.

The Dork Matthews Band sux :thumbsdown:

Back on topic:

DAF

EMF

NRBQ

M2M

I do like the fictional band from Married With Children:

BBR: Burned Beyond Recognition ::

I hate Dave Matthews Band. He's such a geek and he's got this attitude. He think he's such an intellectual and modern.

You sound like my son (who acts like I should be embarrassed by my love for all things DMB)- I will not be shamed - I love DMB and I don't care who knows it! Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and gosh darn it - other people love DMB too. He seems like a very nice boy and geeks are cool.