Most overrated songs.

cosmosis

I really, really like Queen, especialy the guitars. But what's the big deal with 'We Are The Champions'??? I just hate the melody and the key changes. Sounds like it was written by a total noob. (Docking and covering).

After you guys unleash your wrath on me, I would love to hear the songs you think are overrated.

I must agree about "We are the champions", but I actually like "Hand in Glove" - really catchy tune, and when I think of The Smiths it's usually the first song that comes to my mind although it's definitely not in the Top 10 of my favourite Smiths songs.

Speaking of overrated songs, one that I TRULY hate is R.E.M's "Shiny happy people" - I can't believe any sane person would ever put this song on air! And I'm a very big fan of R.E.M.

One of These days- Pink Floyd. There is some cool mixing and effects, but it sounds like a bunch of high school kids trying to jam. And don't forget the wonderful lyric. It's not really that bad of a song, but it is ok at best. And I hear people talk about it like it's great. I must be missing something then, because I just don't see what the big deal is.

Speaking of overrated songs, one that I TRULY hate is R.E.M's "Shiny happy people" - I can't believe any sane person would ever put this song on air! And I'm a very big fan of R.E.M.

Hate that song also!! And I'm a huge R.E.M. dork, of course they aren't even huge fans of the song (kind of like 'Stand' or as Peter Buck calls it 'The dumbest thing we've ever written')

Yes, 'Walk of Life' sucks too. It's amazing that these two songs became such huge hits and 'Six Blade Knife' for example didn't (although after it was featured on the Desperado soundtrack, people at least heard it).

I can't believe I forgot this one! Celine Dion - the song that sank Titanic! Not only overrated - the kind of song that makes me wish I was deaf every time I hear it.

Overrated? Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" has made some Top Ten Lists while I think it's a goofy novelty ditty that must have been a joke when they recorded it! Pretentious is not the word! It's mawkish in the extreme and epitomizes why we needed punk rock to take the helium out of those rock stars who could release such nonsense.

It's mawkish in the extreme and epitomizes why we needed punk rock to take the helium out of those rock stars who could release such nonsense.

Punk rock ruined music.

Well, thats a little harsh. After all, there were many good bands in the eighties, once punk died.

How about this. Punk rock music is bad. Bohemian Rhapsody is great! Not Queens best, but great! And "it must have been a joke?" You obviously haven't heard many of Queens other songs. Just because its silly doesn't make it bad. Most of Queens songs are kind of funny, the way they do opera singing and harmonizing in their songs, but they're still good. The most famous punk band, the Ramones, had no musical talent.