Sign in to follow this  
Lucky

PETA Wants Ben & Jerry's to Switch to Mother's Milk

I like the statemnt "lessen the suffering of Dairy Cows. Huh? Isn't that their job? What will they become with no job? We'll have all these homeless cows roaming the streets. And what about the dairy farmers? Are they gonna start raising women instead?? :D

sadly, even though they are raised to feed our greedy faces, no living thing should have to suffer. Period. And unfortunately, dairy cows do suffer. It's quite heinous what they're put through for their short, miserable lives.

.. no living thing should have to suffer. Period. And unfortunately, dairy cows do suffer. It's quite heinous what they're put through for their short, miserable lives.

I have worked on one, generally dairy owners do all that is humanly possible to keep their cows comfortable, content and peaceful. A stressed cow will not lactate.

That's true. Dairy cows have probably the best life of the various livestock. They also live pretty long lives, as far as cows go. Just think of the calves raised for veal. On second thought don't. That's awful. :P

My Dad's uncle owned was an independent dairy farmer in a small town just outside of Cooperstown, NY. I stayed there a few times as a kid and the cows seemed fairly content.

So, there I am, a city boy, sleeping in this old farmhouse in the Catskill Mtns. The window is wide open all night and around 4:30 a.m. a cow sticks it's head in the window and "moos" at the top of it's lungs. Scared the living crap out of me. I'm a fool for the city.

I have to agree with Sammy's statements 100% on this one. Except for the pump part :rolleyes: typical guy statement :laughing:

i DISAGREE. a "TYPICAL GUY STATEMENT" WOULD INVOLVE THE USE OF HANDS AND NOT A PUMP.

I would definitely be taking back my pint of Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream if it had human milk in it. That is just disgusting. Cow milk is an odd enough thing, but milk from people is just not appetizing at all!