PETA Wants Ben & Jerry's to Switch to Mother's Milk

Lucky

I like the statemnt "lessen the suffering of Dairy Cows. Huh? Isn't that their job? What will they become with no job? We'll have all these homeless cows roaming the streets. And what about the dairy farmers? Are they gonna start raising women instead?? :D

.. no living thing should have to suffer. Period. And unfortunately, dairy cows do suffer. It's quite heinous what they're put through for their short, miserable lives.

I have worked on one, generally dairy owners do all that is humanly possible to keep their cows comfortable, content and peaceful. A stressed cow will not lactate.

My Dad's uncle owned was an independent dairy farmer in a small town just outside of Cooperstown, NY. I stayed there a few times as a kid and the cows seemed fairly content.

So, there I am, a city boy, sleeping in this old farmhouse in the Catskill Mtns. The window is wide open all night and around 4:30 a.m. a cow sticks it's head in the window and "moos" at the top of it's lungs. Scared the living crap out of me. I'm a fool for the city.