The greatest speech in film history

Mike

What makes that speech so great is the offscreen relationship between Tracy & Hepburn. If you know about that, and keep it in mind, and then listen to the speech again, you'll see he is speaking directly to her. Ackowledging something he'd never formally ackknowledged before. You can see the love shining in her eyes. She knew he was sick, and that it was his last performance.

Oh my god, the love story there!

What makes that speech so great is the offscreen relationship between Tracy & Hepburn. If you know about that, and keep it in mind, and then listen to the speech again, you'll see he is speaking directly to her. Ackowledging something he'd never formally ackknowledged before. You can see the love shining in her eyes. She knew he was sick, and that it was his last performance.

Oh my god, the love story there!

You are so correct my dear!

If there was a greater, classier Hollywood love story, I don’t know what it could be.

Kate never watched this film (Guess who’s coming to dinner) she said that that would be too painful of an experience. She never attended Tracy’s funeral, she said she did this out of respect for his family, I think she did it because it would be far too painful for her.

She had an old hat Spencer used to wear, she presented it to Henry Fonda before the filming of “On golden pond’, asked if he would wear it. He accepted.