Somebody told me - The Killers (meaning)

Kate1969

OMG you guys are soooo OFF ..... the chorus says it all!!

the girl he's talking about had a BF that looked like a GF that he had.... FINE?? now...this means they BOTH had the same choice in partners! cuz they looked like each other....so its not confidential ...HE's got POTENTIal to date her.... becuz they both chose partners that looked like each others partners ... :)

thats teh thing...

• 2 weeks later...

what i get from the song is that this guy is in a bar, he sees a girl, he asks a friend about her, finds out she has a boyfriend who's kind of girly, and looks like an old girlfriend of his, and he's trying to tell her that she should take a chance on him cuz hes better than this femine guy she w/. But then l8r on i was thinking that maybe the girl's a lesbian or sumthin' Its quite confusing

• 3 weeks later...

Its really quite simple actually. He's crusin a club and having no luck. Then he finds this chick and has some interest...but he heard a rumor about her ("never thought i'd let a rumor ruin my moonlight"). So he goes up and asks her about it. He heard that she is either a lasbian or swings both ways. He thinks she had a "boyfriend" who looks like this chick he once dated. So he thinks that her "boyfriend" was not a boy at all...and she is a lesbian. "I've got potential" is him trying to convince her that he's bf material is she isnt a lesbian.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, since The Killers are a local band, I heard them talking on the radio one day and the lead singer said that it was about a girl he used to date, and they fell apart. Well, when he saw her next, she had become a he. And that's what the song is about. ::

• 1 month later...