Return Of The Pink Panther

dug

Ive Just Heard That There Making A Modern Day Version Of The Return Of The Pink Panther.When I Was A Kid This Had Me In Fits Of Laughter.Charlez Theron Is Going To Play Inspector Clusoe's Wife.And Inspector Clusoe Is Going To Be Played By Steve Martin. :thumbsup: Excusse Spelling

YES!!!! MAN!!!! Not only do I love Steve Martin, but I LOVE the Pink Panther movies. Finally, Steve Martin is back doing good movies again. Most of his movies lately have been that sappy, corny, not Steve Martin humor movies. I have heard rumors of another Pink Panther movie, but I wasn't sure of whether it was a remake of one, or another installment. But man, how cool? I can't wait to see this. Any word on who will be playing Kato?

While I appreciate the beautiful woman that is Charlize Theron, I will skip this. Re-makes are prime examples of Hollywood's utter laziness at not bringing out something that takes a little more work and effort than the usual cut-and-paste junk we're used to getting :thumbsdown:

Maybe not. I view remixes somtimes as a director's love for a film so much, he wants to direct his own version of it, to be a part of it. But then again, it could be the laziness thing. I don't have a problem with remakes at all. Just so long as they are good. It is rare I will see a remake that is better than the original. I am always biased to think the original is better anyway.

I can think of three major wastes of celluloid:

The Stepford Wives

Around The World In 80 Days

The Manchurian Candidate

While we're at it, American Beauty which wasn't an obvious rehash of another film, could easily be rivaled by The Ice Storm in storyline. It's a wonder this thing won an academy award.

There are good remakes and reworkings, but one sort of has to think hard to come up with a few worthy of mentioning. There's The Man Who Knew Too Much that was redone by the same director; Lolita which was far better than Stanley Kubrik could ever conceive despite having a script by Nabokov; Roman Polanski's Macbeth is far faaaar better than anything before; Romeo And Juliet as done by Franco Zeffirelli looks better with the casting rather than Laurence Olivier's version (he looks too old to play the Shakespearean parts despite his acting ability). Belive it or not, the James Cameron Titanic(!) story was okay too - okay, so Kate Blanchet is no Barbara Stanwyck, but still it was okay than most retellings of other stories. Scream was an okay translation too from the old, cheezy 80s slasherfest, Happy Birthday To Me. The original had a good premise, but the execution came out way stilted - Scream did a much better job. This new Pink Panther... eh, I dunno. Peter Sellers is hard act to follow and there was nothing wrong at all with the originals. They might look a little dated, but if this is going to be updated then it isn't really The Pink Panther, but something inspired by it that just happens to share the same name as the original.

Some movies are better left untouched. The Return of the Pink Panther is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen but more so was Peter Sellers in the role of Clouseau. Steve Martin might be talented and funny in his own right but I don't think he can replace the character Peter Sellers created.

There Has To Be A Funny Script. Good Performances From All Actors,And Good But Not Prodictable Ending,Which Comes From The First 15 Mins Of A Movie,A Bad Film And Your Already Not Interested In The Film In The First 15 mins. :thumbsup: