Andrew Bird

scott

I saw him live a couple months back

He constructs these massive loops, with pizzacato violin, bowed violin, these symphonic treats, then sprinkles in some guitars, whistling, some clapping, whatever have you

and he does it with this sense of rhythm and harmony and melody and just...coolness that does not exist anywhere else in the musicBiz.

Amazing.

amazing

Amazing.

amazing!

Find a better example of a musician in the pop-music realm, so besides classical musicians and some jazz musicians (very few) I really can't think of anyone who comes close to touching AB.

That was awesome . Is he English ? He has '80's sensibilities and influences in his sound ... The Church , Joy Division ( happier though ) , The Smiths, The Cure and New Order a bit - the drum/bass break in ( without the dance beat, though it could be added if he wanted it so ) ... at least from this example .

I'll be buying a CD !

While I could see his voice as being 'new waveish' I'd say his music, and arrangements are a bit more complex, and 'symphonic'

Then there's his gypsy stuff (Which is awesome!) that isn't quite as prevalent (unfortunately) in the new disc, that is definitely not new wave at all.

Anyway, I'm happy I could get someone interested.