Best selling film soundtrack

Mike

The Bodyguard! 17 million copies!!!

Edging out Saturday Night Fever (15 million)

Saturday Night Fever started the soundtrack craze however.

The producers had no idea.

Saturday Night Fever did for soundtracks what Star Wars did for movie action-figures!

Who has/had these soundtracks? Who had/has Star Wars toys?

Here's a question....

How many top selling soundtracks became such "BECAUSE" of "one" song?!

I bought the soundtrack to "Over the Top" with Sly Stallone as the "arm wrestler" mainly to get Winner takes it all-Sammy Hagar it was not "available" any other way.

I think the "Titanic" soundtrack would have to be one, although I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would want to own that screeching Celene Dion song.

The Bodyguard! 17 million copies!!!

Edging out Saturday Night Fever (15 million)

Saturday Night Fever started the soundtrack craze however.

The producers had no idea.

Saturday Night Fever did for soundtracks what Star Wars did for movie action-figures!

Who has/had these soundtracks? Who had/has Star Wars toys?

Oh hellno, I wouldn't own that crap. Well, maybe the Saturday Night Fever one, but definitely nothing from that crackhead, Houston :thumbsdown:

Most famous soundtrack I own is probably the one for A Clockwork Orange, but I don't think it's a one of those all-time record-busters, nor do I care. Wendy Carlos just rulz like dat :headphones:

As a kid, I owned a copy of the Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack. Couldn't get enough of it. I think when my family moved, we gave it to my cousins, so I don't even have it to torture my kid with

I love the Forrest Gump soundtrack!!!!!

My mother has all of our original Star Wars toys in storage. I like them 10 times better than the new ones. I loved how the light sabers slid out of their arms!!!! We also had a light saber and my brother had a land speeder and an X-wing fighter. :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

I have to believe The Bodyguard soundtrack is one of those albums though I would say two songs, I'm Every Woman and I Will Always Love You. Neither song is original to the movie as Chaka Khan did the original I'm Every Woman in the seventies and we all know Dolly Parton wrote and did the original to I Will Always Love You. That is the amazing thing about this album.....it did well on the covers (or remakes) of those two songs.

As for Star Wars, if you are into classical music or a John Williams fan, I would think you will enjoy the original soundtrack of the movie (1977).

American Graffiti had a great soundtrack, as well as Grease making them my top two favorites.