Confusion About Songfacts - All I Need by Jack Wagner

babyteen

One song that I've been looking for is "All I Need", the 1984 hit by Jack Wagner. Do any of you remember Jack Wagner? I've tried searching on ITunes, but the only version I can find is the Karaoke Version. There seems to be a bit of confusion in my mind about this song. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that song was also included on "General Hospital"? Also, isn't Jack Wagner technically considered a one-hit wonder? I'm surprised I didn't see this song in the categories of, "Songs Used in TV Shows", and "Songs From One-Hit Wonders".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXO3zOafBYg

Is this the song you are looking for?

This sounds like a radio edited version. Or possibly a live performance, as it's shorter than the album version. But yes, it is the song by Jack Wagner that I was talking about. Now, I'm wondering about the above facts I mentioned. Are these true statements? In other words, am I right that this song was featured on "General Hospital"? And, am I right that Jack Wagner is technically considered a one-hit wonder?

I do know that you are right about General Hospital altho' I don't watch it. You are probably right about it being a One Hit Wonder also. He isn't bad but in my opinion, he wouldn't go to the top of the charts :D

Do you know perhaps where I could find the original album version of this recording? I have ITunes, and I've searched there, but like I said, all I can find is the Karaoke Version.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_m?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=All+I+Need-Jack+Wagner&x=11&y=15

I found this on Amazon.com. I notice that they have the LP. Don't know if this is what you are looking for or not. It mentions The Bold and The Beautiful but I know that this was on General Hospital. Hope this info helps you.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_m?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=All+I+Need-Jack+Wagner&x=11&y=15

I found this on Amazon.com. I notice that they have the LP. Don't know if this is what you are looking for or not. It mentions The Bold and The Beautiful but I know that this was on General Hospital. Hope this info helps you.

I'm actually looking for a downloadable MP3 of the song, not the full album. Sorry about the confusion.

Regarding your facts babyteen, this is what wiki says:

Wagner has recorded five albums, and he had a Top 40 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart with the ballad "All I Need". The single reached #2 on the U.S. pop chart (and #1 on the adult contemporary chart) in early 1985

and

He has had the following Hot 100 singles:

"All I Need" #2 US (2 weeks) - Jan 12, 1985 (#1 AC - 2 weeks)

"Lady of My Heart" #76 US - Jun 15, 1985

"Too Young" #52 US - Dec 7, 1985

"Weatherman Says" #67 US - May 30, 1987

So, I guess it actually depends on your definition of a one hit wonder. Yes he truly had just one hit make it into the Top 40, but it appears that a total of 4 songs actually charted.

As far as not finding info on them here, there are zillions of songs out there. No way could every possibility be there, although we're trying! Many of the songs you find in SF database have been submitted by individuals that submit them with facts and/or lyrics, etc. So ... go girl, get typing! ;)

There is a lot of confusion about the term "one-hit wonder". Wikipedia lists the following in its definition:

"Most American music industry insiders consider a song in the top forty positions of the Billboard Hot 100 to be a hit. Thus, any performer who recorded only one song that reached the Top 40 is, technically, a one-hit wonder. However, the term is more generally applied to musicians best known for only one song, meaning that some artists who fit the above criteria are not considered one-hit wonders, while others who do not are considered such."

The entire definition is contained at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-hit_wonder, including specific exceptions that are or are not considered one-hit wonders for various reasons.

Under this definition, Jack Wagner would still qualify as a one-hit wonder since only 1 of his singles reached the top 40; and of course, he would also qualify under the definition of being associated exclusively with one song.

Regarding your facts babyteen, this is what wiki says:

and

So, I guess it actually depends on your definition of a one hit wonder. Yes he truly had just one hit make it into the Top 40, but it appears that a total of 4 songs actually charted.

As far as not finding info on them here, there are zillions of songs out there. No way could every possibility be there, although we're trying! Many of the songs you find in SF database have been submitted by individuals that submit them with facts and/or lyrics, etc. So ... go girl, get typing! ;)

I was referring to "One Hit Wonders", the series on VH1, and they specifically said that Jack Wagner was technically considered a one-hit Wonder. Do you perhaps have an MP3 of that song for me? I've searched on ITunes, but all I can find is the Karaoke version.

I'm a bit confused with this thread. Is this the song which is uploaded for the next 7 days?

https://www.yousendit.com/download/bVlDZEV3Mm04Q1FLSkE9PQ

:o

Wow! I never knew you had this song. Thank you so very much. I've been looking for this for months. Where did you find it?

:)