Guns and the 2nd Ammendment

Mike

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tHAT LOOKS LIKE A PRETTY BIG RIFLE! gLAD HE ENJOYED FIRING IT. i AM SURE HE IS GETTING PLENTY OF SUPERVISION AND SAFETY TRAINING. hE WILL FIND HANDGUNS FUN TO SHOOT, TOO. i WAS NOT GOING TO POST A PICTURE OF MY NEW PISTOL, BUT i CHANGED MY MIND. iT IS SUCH A WELL MADE PISTOL AND i AM QUITE PLEASED WITH IT.

IMG_9107.jpg

Nice! My next purchase will be a 9MM.

luger9jk2.png

I've received my CPL, I just bought my son a 22 pistol recently, it's an Iver Johnson. He's gotten quite good in just a few weeks that we have been going target shooting at the range.

dsc07853skz4.jpg

He is learning respect and care for his weapon and it's a wonderful time we have cleaning them after shooting. He and I have learned a lot in just a short time.

I've loved guns since I was a kid myself. Glad to see other folks around here that have a the same understanding and mature approach to gun use, ownership and responsibility.

I just discovered that concealed weapons permit holders are up 43% in my neck of the woods.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/27722724.html

Mikey, I appreciate your fondness of the right to bear arms. But if you truly want something with true stopping power, the following is it . . . Colt .45 (government-issue).

Bar none!

It's what I consider the finest hand-gun ever to be designed.

Marc.

Edited by Guest
direct link image

Your advise was well received, I was looking at the gun shop yesterday, I saw this little beauty...

247-45SSP-10.png

It's priced within my budget, (well very soon anyway) $350.00 Taurus 24/7 .45 ACP Pistol.

I was considered the 9MM until this baby showed up in my sights. 12+1 SA/DA SS. Accuracy, light weight, good control. Nice piece!!

What situation do you envision where we would suddenly need more than the trained armed forces and national guard we already have? If a nation wants to obliterate us, they're not going to use soldiers, they're going to use nukes.

I don't know, did anyone envision what happened on Sept.11th 2001?

How about person protection? How about someone threats to kill you, they are high on meth, and so you don't id them in a line up in the future want's to off you. Wouldn't you want to save your life? What if I witnessed this and shot them and that saved a life? What if?

Your advise was well received, I was looking at the gun shop yesterday, I saw this little beauty...

247-45SSP-10.png

It's priced within my budget, (well very soon anyway) $350.00 Taurus 24/7 .45 ACP Pistol.

I was considered the 9MM until this baby showed up in my sights. 12+1 SA/DA SS. Accuracy, light weight, good control. Nice piece!!

Hey, that is a beautiful piece and very reasonably priced.

I may just have to go to my local gun shop (Greentop Sporting Goods, Glen Allen, VA.) and fire a few rounds from that baby.

I'll let you know what I think.

Hey, that is a beautiful piece and very reasonably priced.

I may just have to go to my local gun shop (Greentop Sporting Goods, Glen Allen, VA.) and fire a few rounds from that baby.

I'll let you know what I think.

Excellent, yes, let me know.

I hope to own one in the next couple months.

I do love my old faithful .357 revolver with the 8" barrel, it's smooth. But it's awful dirty-Harryish, I need a lighter one to pack around.

I don't know, did anyone envision what happened on Sept.11th 2001?

How about person protection? How about someone threats to kill you, they are high on meth, and so you don't id them in a line up in the future want's to off you. Wouldn't you want to save your life? What if I witnessed this and shot them and that saved a life? What if?

Yes, let's use the deaths of thousands to prove the point of the legitimacy of weapons.

Learn self defense if you want to defend. Guns are for killing.

Guns are fun

I used to be strongly against any person bearing arms, I did not want anyone to own a weapon, fire a weapon, I did not want myself to own a weapon, fire a weapon.

But then I read some Hunter S Thompson, and got way into him

and he had some... 'moving' passages on gun ownership

the point in Fear and Loathing in LV where he is convinced the LV authorities are onto him, watching his every move, that he MUST ESCAPE! Just as he's making his bold move, avoiding an arrest on the highway, he gets a call from his editor, informing him he must go into he BELLY OF THE BEAST, a law enforcement convention, hosted by the DEA.... what is he to do?

Well, when faced with this spiral of events, he pulls over onto the side of the road, the middle of no where, takes out his 'acquired' revolver, and fires a couple of rounds out into the mountainside.

Reclaiming his center.

Now, this new understanding of arms has shown me the joy and balance, a zen and a calm, that firing a firearm can bring.

But,

That doesn't mean that every american should be able to own a gun, gun control, a strict supervision of sales, and education are incredibly important.

With events like Columbine, VA tech, and all the other shootings that have taken place on the American public, by psychologically unstable individuals, most of which had been declared 'unstable' before the incident took place, we must develop a system that prevents gunshops from selling to potentially dangerous people.

You should have to pass a psychological exam along with a criminal background check.

Have some guys write up an advanced profile/test and make it a requirement,

I'm sure a middle-ground could be found, to allow those who would not commit harm to another person to own a weapon, while barring the potentially murderous, and not allowing too much spill over between the two.

You know, it's complicated.

I mean, you can't ban guns outright from a modern liberal perspective, as that's hypocritical

too many argue that it's not worth limiting personal privacy to potentially prevent a terrorist attack, while preventing a responsible american from owning a gun to stop a potential massacre is totally appropriate.

On the other hand the conservative argument is mired in hypocrisy.

That we can own guns at he potential loss of safety, but cannot be private and free and the potential loss of life.

I'd say it's best to err on the side of freedom, in both cases.

Yes, let's use the deaths of thousands to prove the point of the legitimacy of weapons.

Learn self defense if you want to defend. Guns are for killing.

Ok, yes, let's just let the thugs and hoods have them and when they come to blow you away, you can karate chop the bullet just before it enters your forehead. Brilliant!

I was brought up around guns. My father was a highly decorated law enforcement officer who taught me the fundamentals and great responsibility of owning a firearm.

My grandfather was most likely the best hunter I've ever had the privilege to watch. He could find a polar bear in a desert!

Now, I understand some of you folks getting upset about owning a firearm and I respect that.

Can you not respect those of us that do?

Self defense? Yes, I'm a second degree black belt in the art of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.

But all of my skills will never match that of a hollow-pointed .45 round shot accurately.

We all have our beliefs. I don't think either side is wrong.

Why should it be?

What situation do you envision where we would suddenly need more than the trained armed forces and national guard we already have?

When the big earthquake hits out here in San Diego the Armed Forces and National Guard will not be able to reach the general populace because the roads and bridges will be impassible. Whoever has weapons will protect their property and family from the ensuing looters/rapers and chaos.

:thumbsup:

I was brought up around guns. My father was a highly decorated law enforcement officer who taught me the fundamentals and great responsibility of owning a firearm.

My grandfather was most likely the best hunter I've ever had the privilege to watch. He could find a polar bear in a desert!

Now, I understand some of you folks getting upset about owning a firearm and I respect that.

Can you not respect those of us that do?

Self defense? Yes, I'm a second degree black belt in the art of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.

But all of my skills will never match that of a hollow-pointed .45 round shot accurately.

We all have our beliefs. I don't think either side is wrong.

Why should it be?

I'm with you Marc, some people here just don't get it. Never will. Until it's too late to matter.

When the big earthquake hits out here in San Diego the Armed Forces and National Guard will not be able to reach the general populace because the roads and bridges will be impassible. Whoever has weapons will protect their property and family from the ensuing looters/rapers and chaos.

:thumbsup:

Excellent point!!

What's not to get? I'm reading this thread against my will... precisely for that reason... to understand the other side. And I DO see why you all think it's a good thing to own a gun, I just don't agree at all. I'd freak if I killed someone, or even if I just wounded them with a gun. I know you have that whole "What if someone tried to rape your sister" thing going, but I really don't think that if I was unable to prevent such a thing from happening, I'd think "Oh if only I'd had a gun".

I think you don't get that. The only purpose that guns serve is to kill, and that makes them monstrous things, no matter what the situation.

What's not to get? I'm reading this thread against my will... precisely for that reason... to understand the other side. And I DO see why you all think it's a good thing to own a gun, I just don't agree at all. I'd freak if I killed someone, or even if I just wounded them with a gun. I know you have that whole "What if someone tried to rape your sister" thing going, but I really don't think that if I was unable to prevent such a thing from happening, I'd think "Oh if only I'd had a gun".

I think you don't get that. The only purpose that guns serve is to kill, and that makes them monstrous things.

It's not to kill. It's to "prevent" killing.

I would not want to kill, unless.. UNLESS it was a matter my life, (or life of a loved one or defenseless human) or the perpetrators.

If there was NO GUNS ANYWHERE FOR ANYONE, I'd be ok with that. But... BUT, as long as a desperate, deranged individual can/will possess one with the ability/intent to harm another, it is OUR RESPONSIBILITY to ACT!

Seeker, hopefully, in your lifetime, you'll not see full blown nuclear war. I pray that I won't but it's not an impossible thing to happen.

But I guarantee that if you do;

You'll wish you had a firearm to protect yourself and your beloved family from the eminent chaos surely to ensue that brother bluesboy spoke of earlier.