bluesboy

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's quite mellow, that's true :)

Graue Wolken means "Grey Clouds"

lyrics are as follows:

Where are all the grey clouds coming from?

I'm looking outside, towards the day

it's raining, and I can't take it anymore

Where is the blue sky gone?

I don't know why I'm living,

only that I'm alive

Then I'm getting up to walk among (the) people

and ask myself, what can I do?

I want to hate them

and yet can't stop

To recognise a part of myself, in everything they represent

The whole world is turning in circles

I'm looking around, and I don't want anymore

Where is the red sun gone?

Work, television, going to bed

this way life doesn't make any sense

Then I'm getting up to walk among (the) people

and ask myself, what should I do?

I can't believe it

They can't stop

Only their own lives, just to see themselves all the time

I'm looking outside, towards the day

it's raining, and I can't take it anymore

I don't know where from, don't know where to

I don't know why I'm living

Only that I'm alive...

WMG got rid of my Five Thirty video... who even KNOWS Five Thirty? Do you really think they even CARE? They're unheard of, they'd probably LIKE having their one famous song on Youtube. But nooooo... I didn't even get an email telling my video had been yanked. I only just found out. The poor band is barely known! They don't even have a wiki entry, at least give them this tiny slice of recognition!

This was at my inbox today at youtube

copy and paste

"Copyright infrinment

Sir:

You have posted illegally parts of of DVD Legends of the American Folk Blues Festivals (1967, 1968, 1969) in YouTube. Tropical Music has worldwide exclusive rights of these recordings.

Our DVD bears in Booklet and Video a visible warning before any kind of copyright violation.

You have committed such a copyright infringement under German, EU and US laws.

We must ask you to:

1.delete the files immediately from YouTube and any other media where you might have posted it.

2.Pay a penalty of 1.000 Euro

to our bank account:

Bank: Sparkasse Marburg-Biedenkopf , City: 35037 Marburg/Lahn

Street: Universitätsstraße

Swift; HELADEF1MAR

Account No. : 1 0000 238

Holder: Tropical Music GmbH

to avoid further legal steps.

If you will not delete the files and transfer the penalty immediately, we shall trace your personal data and make you fully responsible for the committed copyright infringement with a penalty not less than 5.000 Euro.

We have invested 4 years of work and a huge amount of money to compile and release these DVDs with the Lippmann and Rau Festivals and we will not allow anyone to steel this material.

If we have no feedback from you within 24 hours we shall contact the copyright department of YouTube and trace your name and address, because this DVD so far was sold only via mailorder companies to US customers.

Tropical Music GmbH

Reitgasse 10 / DE 35037 Marburg/Lahn / Germany

tropical.music@t-online.de

end copy and paste"

Besides the fact that they don't spell English very well, they don't tell me which youtube they're talking about. Has anyone else seen something like this ? This looks like a scam doesn't it ?

I'm not sure... the little bit of googling I did shows that the label is legit and they do own Legends of American Folk Music, since they have it for sale on their site:

http://www.tropical-music.com/index2.html

They're not a major label or anything - at least that's what it looks like to me. I don't really know what they're on about, but there's a link to the album in question on their page with the tracklist.

Write them back and ask who won the war ! ;) :laughing: Tell them you are a decorated WWII veteran and that you'll be damned if any foreigner is gonna tell you what American folk music you can or can't put out there if you wish .

May not do anything , but perhaps you'll get a kick out of their reaction ...

(Now , don't get mad at me , Farin. This is just a joke . :) )

Edited by Guest

bluesboy doesn't respond if I'm writing the mail ;)

if they say, "yes we do things like that", then well, good luck proving who was that and getting money from them

but if they say "no, that was some scammer", then he'll know for sure :)

if you want to, I could send the (real) label a mail, asking them if they would generally do that and/or that somebody could be using their name...

A short note -in German- with subtle counter threats ?! That would likely screw them up big time ! :D :thumbsup: I like it .

I ,myself , am a fan of the bombastic approach - but that is way stale usually.

Edited by Guest

However ,Blues , This is likely a punk company in Germany that will do absolutely nothing to you ( they only are after 1000 euros , afterall ) ... so screw them . As Seeker said ,I think it is likely a scam anyway - and that's a fair defense .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...