YouTubes You've Made

bluesboy

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you guys noticed that right after the Warner Brothers thing lots of videos disappeared? We've begun checking to see if an artist belongs to Warner Brothers before uploading ... although they have so many smaller labels as well, you can't always tell. I've also begun assuming that if all you find are the live videos by a particular artist, then it's probably not worthwhile to upload a studio cut. It'll probably be rejected.

Bluesy had one rejected recently, it was disabled, and then after a few days it was back. That was weird, but after that experience I won't delete rejected videos. You never know, they may re-allow it at some point.

It looks to me like Warner has insinuated themselves in one way or another everywhere. :P

Seek, I found this :

BURBANK, Calif. -- Warner Bros...... is very pleased to announce that it has signed a North American distribution deal with Big Brother Recordings, home of the multi-platinum, Award-winning iconic British rock band OASIS. The first new release under the deal will be the group's forthcoming studio album, Dig Out Your Soul, on October 7, 2008. The first single will be the Noel Gallagher-penned "The Shock of the Lightning," which will impact US radio beginning Mid-August. "

read the article here

So, it appears that it's the distribution thing that comes in to play as well. :P This really sucks. I've had clips of songs that are 30+ years old rejected. Fairly obscure songs. You know the artists themselves are probably more than happy for any exposure at all. :(

Edited by Guest

one of the first videos I uploaded was a Beck song from the album "Midnite Vultures"

at the time I got a notice that it contains 3rd party content, but they won't take any action (it's blocked "in some countries" though)

now I uploaded another track from the same album, and guess what?

"Rejected (blocked by content owner)"

:P

They don't have a clue either. I got an email this morning telling me third party content had been identified but I needn't take any action (no mention of it being removed, nothing). You'd think they'd actually be nice enough to tell you they removed it, and not send out confusing emails all the time and go back on their decisions (='we'll just put ads, don't worry. -- Oh sorry, we'll remove it entirely now')

one of the first videos I uploaded was a Beck song from the album "Midnite Vultures"

at the time I got a notice that it contains 3rd party content, but they won't take any action (it's blocked "in some countries" though)

I actually clicked that "Video blocked in some countries." link now:

As a result, your video is blocked everywhere except in these locations:

Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, South Korea, Spain, United Kingdom, United States

so, why not that for the other video too? :P

Sorry I won't let this lie, but I just realised that Sony upload their own songs to youtube. Now remember that I said Oasis belong to Sony and their sub-labels and that one of my Oasis songs was removed, and then Lucky found out that Warner had acquired the rights to some of the sub-label songs? So Sony WANTS their songs to be on youtube, they actively contribute to this, yet one of their bands' videos are being removed just because Warner shares the rights to one of their tiny little sub-labels? What?! That's ridiculous :stars:

• 2 weeks later...