YouTubes You've Made

bluesboy

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That account page is great, but I also really like the Insight page on each video page (which, unsurprisingly, can only be viewed by the person who uploaded the video). I noticed that about 45% of people have seen my video from the Songfacts link, about 40% through searches and 15% other. Also, the countries my video is most popular in is Australia (obviously) and Germany (Martin must really like it :P ).

EDIT: Oh, I didn't notice Lucky's post about the Insight page.

Edited by Guest

they notice it as soon as you upload, and if it's copyrighted material then they simply don't allow that video to be played (with no further penalties for you, afaik)

also it's not easy to say either way, because I haven't found a way to tell what bands don't allow their songs on youtube yet before actually trying to upload a song

No, they don't notice immediately. I'm still getting warnings for videos I uploaded months ago. Mostly those are the "tsk tsk what are you doing okay we'll let it slide but put ads on the site" kind though.

And I really don't see a pattern :P They've removed some Humble Pie videos, put ads on others and didn't do anything about the majority of them.

Edited by Guest

No, they don't notice immediately. I'm still getting warnings for videos I uploaded months ago. Mostly those are the "tsk tsk what are you doing okay we'll let it slide but put ads on the site" kind though.

okay, I didn't know that... everytime that happened to me was right after the upload...