The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #131

Lucky

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was interesting to revisit the first TT by way of Ryansgirl's link today. I had credited RonJon with introducing me to Who's Slip Kid, when it was Sammy who first nominated it. But because we did not incorporate YouTube in the process, I was unable to appreciate that song, based on Sam's nom. This points up the revolutionary nature of attaching the actual song to the noms, allowing us to share our favorite music with one another. I am curious if anyone knows which SFer was the first to link YouTube to a nomination? That, to me, was the true beginning of an impactful TT.

Take On Me - A-ha 1986

Fresh Air - Quicksilver Messenger Service 1969

I couldn't imagine trying to do the tens without being able to hear the music :o

I would never have been able to discover new music that I have grown quite fond of. Like Farins Manu Chao :D Or some of the stuff edna gave me links to and the guy from Viaene's PTT. How very sad that would be I don't even like thinking about it :(

Good job Farin, you rock :thumbsup:

Thank you for the nice words! :) I don't think I was the first to post a YouTube-video in the TT, though. I think Farin or Edna did, but then Darryl removed the video as it showed nakedness or something. The first nom I linked to a youtube video was Beggin by The 4 Seasons. I love that song and might nominate it again....yes I think I'll do that:

Beggin' (1967)

I didn't know this song was the opening song for that Bond movie. Did You?

Nom #2

Black Messiah - The Kinks (1978)