What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Farin

"Change" - Killing Joke

You do know that Killing Joke are my favourite band of all time?

Here I am enjoying them only 3 weekends ago at the Rebellion Festival in Blackpool. Well, Ok, you can't see me, because it's a bit dark and the cameraman fails to home in on the right area too often. I'm right at the front, slightly to the right of centre, in the midst of the throng*...wearing warpaint. :blush:

"Change" - Killing Joke

Now listening to: "Wardance", also by the mighty Killing Joke

* the throng is better viewed in the "Wardance" clip. I'm in there somewhere.

I think if you google the song title with the addition of the word "heroin", you can research the evidence yourself. If you conclude that it isn't, after all, about heroin, it least it will have been interesting finding out? If all your illusions are shattered...well, ummmm...it's still a great song; to be aware of its duality of meaning merely adds to one's appreciation. Perhaps.

I think if you google the song title with the addition of the word "heroin", you can research the evidence yourself. If you conclude that it isn't, after all, about heroin, it least it will have been interesting finding out? If all your illusions are shattered...well, ummmm...it's still a great song; to be aware of its duality of meaning merely adds to one's appreciation. Perhaps.

I turned to SongMeanings instead, and 'Morbadum' echoes my sentiments perfectly:

"Let me tell you I was pissed when I found out this song was about heroin. I mean I enjoy singing about heroin as much as the next but I liked the innocence"

You and me both, Morbadum :mad:

So two people who don't know each other say to me 'I have the new A Place to Bury Strangers album, it has your name written all over it' and 'Have you heard the new A Place to Bury Strangers LP? It's so you!' - this is all very flattering and stuff, but I hadn't heard it. So I got sent one track

In Your Heart - A Place To Bury Strangers

HOW DO THEY KNOW?!?!

Yes you did :mad: Now luckily I am this optimist type of person so I look at the bright side and figure at least I didn't already start dedicating it to people over the radio. You're off the hook THIS ONE TIME, Mr. Fitter!

So Far Down Up To Heaven - Rollerskate Skinny

compared to MBV just cos they Kevin's brudder is in the band. There's really not that much of a similarity.