What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Farin

Daniel Bukvich's "Symphony No. 1 (In Memoriam Dresden)" performed by the 2012 PMEA Region III Concert Band.

It is a very interesting piece; probably the most original I have ever played. It tells the story of the fire bombing of Dresden. During the piece, we had to speak in German and other instruments had to do other effects. The fourth movement ent is the firestorm itself and various instruments had to perform different tasks. The low brass played a dissonant chord to sound like the bombers, while others whistled and screamed as the movement went on.

Edited by Guest

Daniel Bukvich's "Symphony No. 1 (In Memoriam Dresden)" performed by the 2012 PMEA Region III Concert Band.

It is a very interesting piece; probably the most original I have ever played. It tells the story of the fire bombing of Dresden. During the piece, we had to speak in German and other instruments had to do other effects. The fourth movement ent is the firestorm itself and various instruments had to perform different tasks. The low brass played a dissonant chord to sound like the bombers, while others whistled and screamed as the movement went on.

Is that this one?

That sounds almost... disturbing, I have to say :P but I guess that's what it's intended to be.

Is that this one?

That sounds almost... disturbing, I have to say :P but I guess that's what it's intended to be.

YES! When I got my Region Band Folder and I looked at the fourth movement I was intrigued to say the least. It wasn't really notated as music; hard to describe. I was upset that I was beat out for 1st trombone 1st chair...I didn't get the exposed solo at 4:00... I also missed State Band/Wind Ensemble by 3 spots; they take the top 2 and I was 5th. :( Fingers crossed for this year!