Autumn Breeze - Theme From "General Hospital"

babyteen

:confused:

When I first heard "Autumn Breeze", the 1980's theme song to "General Hospital", the thing that confused me is, are there lyrics? When I look at the sheet music, it says that the music is arranged for voice and piano. On the sheet music, it specifically says the following.

Lyrics begin: "Autum breeze blowing. Wind of whisp'ring sighs."

Are there more lyrics to this music? Also, which album is this song available on? That way, I can request it for ITunes.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try this:

http://www.musicnotes.com/download/viewer/downloadviewer.asp?ppn=MN0042226&mnuid=W4UKZJD7D5Q2N06YMBQVUHJ6Y15DCF4710P4JF47&dltype=0

Verse 1

Autumn breeze blowing

Wind of whispering sighs

I can't help knowing

You're blowing me a surprise

Verse 2

Autumn breeze flowing

Like a melody

I can't help glowing

Knowing what you bring me

The included lyrics were obtained by accessing the listed website (looks like a ripoff) and by "borrowing" my wife's big a*# sewing room magnifying glass (the large circular type with a neon light), I was able to read and write them. The magnifying glass will now go out to my shop until the sewing bug hits again. Thank you, I have been need ing a magnifier like that for quite some time.

:o

Edited by Guest

Try this:

http://www.musicnotes.com/download/viewer/downloadviewer.asp?ppn=MN0042226&mnuid=W4UKZJD7D5Q2N06YMBQVUHJ6Y15DCF4710P4JF47&dltype=0

:confused: Will it cost me anything to view the sheet music? Also, do you perhaps have a recording of the original version of this song? Besides, I've already viewed the link you gave me. That's where I found the first lines of lyrics. I'm now wondering, are there more than just those lyrics?

Try this:

Verse 1

Autumn breeze blowing

Wind of whispering sighs

I can't help knowing

Verse 2

Autumn breeze flowing

Like a melody

I can't help glowing

The included lyrics were obtained by accessing the listed website (looks like a ripoff) and by "borrowing" my wife's big a*# sewing room magnifying glass (the large circular type with a neon light), I was able to read and write them. The magnifying glass will now go out to my shop until the sewing bug hits again. Thank you, I have been need ing a magnifier like that for quite some time.

What was a ripoff? By the way, were those lyrics originally written for the song? I've never once heard a vocal version of the theme from "General Hospital". I wonder if the lyrics were originally a romantic poem that somebody wrote, and somehow they fit with the music.

Looks to me that the website is a ripoff. Charging a fee for music which they probably pull from public access. In the upper right corner of the sheet music, it said "Words and Music by Jack Urbont". He was the one commissioned for the song therefore the music and words were probably intended to go together.

Another thing that confused me is the key of the song. When I look at the sheet music, it says that the music is arranged for voice and piano, and is written in the key of D-Major. However, when I hear the TV version, it's played in the key of G-Major. On the sheet music which I've read, it specifically lists two of the verses. A few days ago, When I talked with Jack Urbont, the man who wrote the song, he said there's a little more than just those two verses. He told me that one day, he wrote lyrics when Randy Sparks, the leader of The New Christy Minstrels, approached Jack and asked if they could record the song for one of their albums. He told me that the song was originally an instrumental, then Randy asked Jack, "Are there lyrics?" to which Jack responded, "No, but there can be.". However, I can't seem to find the full version of the lyrics. Jack told me that the version heard on TV is shorter than the version with lyrics, simply because the middle section was taken off. He said the vocal version is a little over 2 minutes, whereas the TV version is 1 minute 30 seconds. Has anyone perhaps heard a vocal version of this tune? Also, which album is the TV Version of this song available on? That way, I can request it for ITunes.

Try this:

Verse 1

Autumn breeze blowing

Wind of whispering sighs

I can't help knowing

Verse 2

Autumn breeze flowing

Like a melody

I can't help glowing

:laughing: :laughing:

Just like a man! :D

• 2 weeks later...