The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #130

Lucky

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'm going to say is thanks and well done to all the people who voted for my nominations. I wasn't expecting any votes for something as crazy and progressive as Birds Of Fire. :grin:

I thought Birds Of Fire was splendid. I hardly ever give a placing to a track of which I've never heard even a single note before. Happy to make an exception on this occasion. :thumbsup:

I nominated "Another Day in Paradise" when I first started participating in the TT. It did very poorly.

Are you being sarcastic ?

I love that song and was plannning on nominating it at some point. I think it is one of his better songs :thumbsup:

It pains me slightly that we "young / modern / alternative" types are supposed to be somehow cheered by the presence of the Chili Peppers in the Top Ten. To me, that's no more cheering than the Beatles or The Stones being there. :(

Who said you're supposed to be cheered by that fact? Not me. It pains me that perfectly wonderful songs often get kicked to the curb unless they happen to be by Stones or Beatles. :P

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #130 for the week ending 31st August 2008

1. And Your Bird Can Sing - The Beatles (1966)

2. Rock'n Me - Steve Miller Band (1976)

3. Life's Been Good - Joe Walsh (1978)

4. Goodnight Saigon - Billy Joel (1982)

5. Little Bit O' Soul - The Music Explosion (1967)

6. Knock Me Down - Red Hot Chili Peppers (1989)

7. I Will Remember You - Sarah McLachlan (1995)

8. Smokin' - Boston (1976)

9. Rush - Big Audio Dynamite (1991)

10. I'm So Afraid - Fleetwood Mac (1975)

Moving on ....

:headphones:

Edited by Guest
Date