World's greatest music collection

Viaene

One man has 3 million records

and nobody seems to care about preserving this treasure :puppyeyes:

Video

http://www.thegreatestmusiccollection.com/

It will be preserved . People are just waiting until he dies and then get them at bargain basement prices , is all . If they paid him now , c'mon ... $$$$ ?!?!

Estimated - did you check the condition and quality of all those albums , as well as the interest in them ? :shades: Most things are best just faded away .

That's the thing. A pile like that does not have much of anything worth the kind of price he's asking for. At best, it might be worth... 200K? No way is all that crap worth 3 mill. The man is old and confused. Ever meet those old people who have garage sales with weird weird prices? They're deluded... like the gentleman with the "world's greatest music collection" (another dubious claim, really).

A pile like that does not have much of anything worth the kind of price he's asking for. At best, it might be worth... 200K? No way is all that crap worth 3 mill. The man is old and confused.

I think you´re partly right... that man is asking for the price he believes his collection is worth... for himself. Only an institution could afford that collection. And there´s no real interest in it... maybe if there was a "Vinyl Museum" or "Music Industry Institute" or something, but there isn´t.

The price he set is actually the sentimental value his music has for him but he´d better sell it to radio stations or collectors.

My father-in-law had the best classic music records collection in Spain. We never really knew what to do with it... one of my in-laws kept most of the records, others kept some others and the rest was sold, I believe...

I don't doubt he's gotten serious offers. This collection is hard to ignore, but how many records in this collection are actually worth saving to record collectors and institutions? I don't think anyone is raring to own 100 copies of Rod Stewart, 10 copies of Styx, and other albums that are often "sold" for shipping prices. Some people have the notion that as long as it is very old, it should be worth saving and that it might gain value. That is what a hoarder does. Normal people and collectors who know the value of something don't think that way. Otherwise, we'd all live in houses full of trash. He should've weeded out the crap in his collection to obtain a tighter, more valuable set to sell. He could also partition it off at random and have it auctioned off at a real auction.