Ah Ha I finally caught Switchfoot!!!!!!!

scott

Okay, who here has heard the song "Learn To Live"(or somethin' like that) by Switchfoot, when I heard it I thought that the guitar riff (which everyone sais is 'so awesome!') was ripped off of something, but I couldn't quite place it....but I was just listenin' to the Foo Fighter's album 'The Colour and The Shape' (easily their best work) and I finally figured out where they stole the riff from!!! Hey, Johnny Park! (that's the name of the song)

So there.

corporate pop rock=0

me=1

It was a 'personal' thing for me, because I knew I recognized the riff, but I couldn't figure out what it was from, so next time I hear someone listening to it, I can just pop out 'The Colour and The Shape' and show 'em the 'real song' that they ripped it off of. :jester:

Have you ever noticed that pieces of the solos in Time and Comfortably Numb have some of the same riffs? At least it was the same band. I can't stand when some band rips-off a song from an earlier, usually, much better band. I saw this saying on the side of a Mike's Hard Lemonade: If you're going to be original, you can count on being copied.