Any concerts coming up?

asdlkfji

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ordered tickets for the Kanrocksas music festival. Two days of awesome music.

The lineup includes (but is not limited to):

Muse

The Black Keys

The Flaming Lips

Ween

Primus

Flogging Molly

Cage the Elephant

The Arctic Monkeys

Jack's Mannequin

OK Go

Fitz and the Tantrums

And there are still more to be announced! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Got tickets to see Death Cab For Cutie w/ Frightened Rabbit on August 7 and My Morning Jacket w/ Neko Case on August 12!

:rockon: :) :rockon:

HATEHATEHATEHATEHATE

All of them are coming to Merriweather Post Pavillion (right near where I live) and I don't think I'll be able to go. I CAN'T AFFORD IT.

Having a kid really sucks up your money.

Other bands coming to Merriweather I won't be able to see: Ray Lamontagne, The National, Bob Dylan, Fleet Foxes and Wilco.

At the very least, I'm seeing The Avett Brothers and Minus The Bear there. And maybe I'll get lucky enough to get tickets to Virgin Mobile Freefest which Cee-Lo, The Black Keys, Cut Copy, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals among others will be playing at.

• 4 weeks later...

I caught John Cafferty and The Beaver Brown Band last month. I'm now looking forward to catching Missing Persons at the end of this month.

Exactly where do you live?....1987?

Nah, I'm just sh*ttin' witcha. I saw the Sweet last month, and I'm going to see Cheap Trick next month. (I live in 1977.)

But you do still owe your newbie dues, punk! So, pay up!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Alright Mr MiamiSammi...Here's my granola bar and my chocolate soy milk!

Seriously he played down here in South Florida which is kind of rare for him he mostly stays up in the new England area. Was a great show his sax's player Michael "Tunes" Antunes( If you remember him in the first Eddie movie as Wendell Newton) told me he was turning 71(he still plays the hell of that thing). I got his autograph and John Cafferty.

How was Sweet? I would love to see Cheap Trick live I know Robin Zander lives here in Fl.

Far as living in 1987...sometimes there only in my mind. I really dig all kinds of music and try to see different acts all the time. Saw Ziggy Marley couple months back and saw MGMT at the same time both were really good.

Actually, Sweet was VERY good! New young singer; old fat bass player. They only played about an hour and twenty minutes....but that's, pretty much, all the music they have. I'd go see them again.

I was gonna buy a shirt for the girlfriend; they were 25 dollars (not extremely high-priced compared to some others I've seen). Nice shirts, the Sweet logo in colored rhinestones.... Then I thought, "Hey, that's more than the ticket price! The tickets are only 20 bucks! No way, man!" So, the chick got nothing. She should have gone to show with me.

Now, Cheap Trick f***in' rules, man!! This will be the 7th time I'm seeing them. They're playing alone, no opening band, it's on my birthday, and I'm gonna be totally sh*tfaced. This could be the best one yet!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...