Queen: New Album Due In October

Viaene

Queen: New Album Due In October

Queen + Paul Rodgers will release their new album, "The Cosmos Rocks", in Europe on September 15 and the U.S./Canada on October 14 via EMI. A single, "C-lebrity", will precede the album on September 8.

"C-lebrity" was written and produced by Brian May, Paul Rodgers and Roger Taylor.

Many of Queen's best-known songs have been written in humor, and "C-lebrity" follows in this pattern; it is a comment on the celebrity-driven times in which we live where the myriad of reality-based TV shows are producing a generation of C-lebrities.

The track received its first airing as an exclusive on TV's "Al Murray's Happy Hour", since when, according to Brian May, "we went back in and roughed up the studio version a bit. I think it gives a fair idea of the kind of energy on the album."

Commented drummer Roger Taylor: "'C-lebrity' is really a comment on the current concept of fame — success and all that goes with it. Getting your face on TV is enough — talent doesn't really enter into the equation. 'Celebrity' is an overused and devalued word today."

Vocalist Paul Rodgers added: "I see the song as Roger's take on the increasing emphasis on fame for its own sake. It's quite ironic that Andy Warhol's statement that everyone will have fifteen minutes of fame is becoming something of a reality, although it may be down to fifteen seconds in today's world of instant communication."

"The Cosmos Rocks" album, produced and performed by Brian May, Paul Rodgers and Roger Taylor, and written by Queen + Paul Rodgers, featuring 13-all new songs, is out to coincide with the mid-September start of the European tour. It marks the first Queen album of new material since 1995.

"The Cosmos Rocks" track listing:

01. "Cosmos Rockin'"

02. "Time To Shine"

03. "Still Burnin'"

04. "Small"

05. "Warboys"

06. "We Believe"

07. "Call Me"

08. "Voodoo"

09. "Some Things That Glitter"

10. "C-lebrity"

11. "Through The Night"