Yoko Ono Wants John Lennon's Killer To Stay In Jail

Mike

John Lennon's widow Yoko Ono has urged prison bosses not to free murderer Mark Chapman - insisting he will be killed if he is released.

Ono believes Chapman could be hunted down and killed by Lennon's loyal fans if he was ever to be set free from prison.

And she has pleaded with parole officers not to grant Chapman freedom when his case is heard later this week.

She tells the New York Daily News, "It's dangerous for him to come out. Not only for us, but for himself.

"There are so many people out there who dislike him. It's safer for him to stay in jail."

Chapman, 53, is serving 20-years-to-life at Attica Correctional Facility for shooting Lennon dead outside his New York home in December 1980.

He has applied for parole five times. A petition signed by 1,000 people opposing his release has been sent to prison officials.

Copyright © 2008 Starpulse

I've heard that Sirhan Sirhan has spent more time in prison than lesser killers. However, if Al Qaeda/HAMAS/PLO want to mount an expedition to free him, this could become an Olympic event. He'd be another "bull's eye on his back" ex-con if he was granted parole.

Sirhan Sirhan probably didn't kill RFK

It was big news for like.... 12 hours

Real forensics and just practical thinking went into it.

It's not speculation like the JFK stuff

An audio recording records more shots being fired than sirhan sirhan's clip contained.

and the wound doesn't match up with the distance Sirhan Sirhan was

The wound does match where a secret service guy was tho

a guy who currently lives outside the country.

I dunno

It could be conspiratorial bs

but on the other hand

the fact it was removed from the news so quickly

without being rebutted

makes me believe otherwise

Now that would satisfy many, but won't bring his victim back. Revenge doesn't restore.

I really didn't mean it in a vindictive way Viaene. People like that are very dangerous to the public in general. I personally think people like him will do anything to get some kind of recognition including mass killing.

He was so coldblooded about the whole thing. There was no remorse at all. Would you really want someone like him around your friends and family? People like him are born with no conscience and we have enough of those wandering about as it is.

I wouldn't want anyone like that to be free ;)

It's just not right to kill everybody who's that dangerous, even if they truly deserve it.

Taking lives is a daily issue, and I think civilised people shouldn't encourage that by sentencing every murderer to death.

Their victims were probably happy until their passing. I don't think an imprisoned murderer is happy. Don't underestimate a lifetime in prison, that's quite close to death, with probably more suffering.

I'm glad your agree with my previous post Tim, let's hope many youngsters do :thumbsup: