Pineapple Express

Tony Baloni

Y'don't (shouldn't?) need weed to enjoy a good stoner movie.

agreed

Maybe it's a guy thing then 'cos I'm just not a fan of slapstick.

I dunno...

I enjoyed the Big Lebowski (is that a stoner movie? I didn't see it as such)

but I couldn't stand Half-Baked :P

I just thought about that question as I wrote the above post... I'm not sure...

maybe somebody who knows more about it should compile a list or so...

Trainspotting? not about Stoners, but Heroin addicts: VERY good movie

Dude, Where is my car? (?)

one of the worst films I've ever seen :doh:

(are these stoner movies?)

• 4 weeks later...

I think a stoner movie should be a movie that you like more when you're stoned. Like Half Baked, before I ever tried weed, I didn't like it at all, but sometime last year I saw it high and thought it was hilarious. Like the whole scene where Dave Chappelle is describing all the various types of weed smokers just isn't very funny if you haven't encountered them in smoke seshes yourself. And so much of the jokes in Pineapple Express are centered around awkward experiences when high, and people who have never smoked probably don't realize that half of being high is just having awkward experiences.

The Big Lebowski I wouldn't classify as a stoner movie, it's more just a drama, and the fact that he smokes weed all the time is just part of his aging hippie character.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I just started to watch it (for the first time) last night. Bought it cheap (previously viewed) at Blockbuster a few weeks ago. Anyway, only got through about 40 minutes or so (had a few errands) but did have quite a few funny moments. I know films are few and far between to be original but its been quite predictable which can be an annoyance.

Anyway, don't hold me yet until I finish the film.

Not to give away any spoilers, but the best part is the final 20 minutes.

I finished it earlier today and I give it a thumbs up. Hilarious in some scenes, especially that whole ordeal at his girlfriend's house. I can't exactly recall the quotes but when Seth says to his g/f, "Now, go downtown to the Days Inn hotel, and check in as the... Garagelys." LMFAO! I think I pissed myself when he said "Garagelys." lol

Ooops, that may of been a spoiler. Okay, if didn't see it, there is a reason why he said "Garagelys." lol