Sign in to follow this  
Tony Baloni

Pineapple Express

THE stoner comedy of our generation

what a great movie

james franco played quite possibly the most accurate stoner i've ever seen in a movie, which is impressive since he does not smoke himself.

Although it was hilarious to see this movie stoned, and the entire plot revolved around weed, I thought of it as sort of an anti drug movie since it really made me hope I never become a stoner

It didn't truly revolve around weed

and it was in fact warning you not to be a 'stoner'

it was quite ironic

and tongue and cheek at all times.

it revolved around personal relationships and the value of friendship.

lmao i was blazed out of my f*cking mind when i saw it. probably half the reason it was so funny. but i saw seth rogen in an interview about it, and he was like "basically, i wanted the whole movie to come down to a question: could i stop smoking weed if my life actually depended on it? and the answer of course is no"

a friend and I got baked last night and watched it. I remember laughing my ass off, and wondering why the hell it was so violent, then getting really paranoid. I was on a school trip, so I was worried the teachers were gonna come in and smell the weed so I was really freaking out, in a kind of comical way.

Anyways, I missed most of what little plot there was, and really only got to enjoy the slapstick comedy, so I'm going to have to watch it again not (or just less) stoned.