SF Fantasy Football 2008

Kevin

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well , once again , thanks to all for playing and seeing it through to the end. It was an interesting season and I feel the final results truly are as they should have been . Congrats ,of course , to our champion Phil , but also to Mindcrime and Lucky for 2end and 3rd as well as RJ for topping the consolation round .

My luck and ammo ran out in the last 2 weeks with my guys facing tough match ups, and I understand more clearly now how Butch and Sundance must have felt at the end of that movie ! :laughing: :laughing: :thumbsup:

One modification I'm considering for next season is to reduce the points that can be made by kick returners . I , myself , took advantage of this 'loophole ' to make up for weak receivers. I would most likely would have been in ( and perhaps deservedly so ) the consolation round without them. I feel that they led to strange rosters of unknowns , and getting yards from scrimmage are far more challenging than those earned on a kick return or punt, but we can discuss this later .

A Happy New Year to all and enjoy the real playoffs now - AND it's only 3 months until baseball season !

Seeing as how things turned out, I'm over feeling guilty for hanging out in the number 1 spot most of the season ... the mighty do fall pretty hard!! :D Congrats again phil, you really deserved the championship. I thought for a while last night that it was going to be MC though. See y'all here next year, same bat time, same bat channel. ;)

Now, if anyone reads this thread anymore, I need help! I've been asked to do NFL.com's playoff challenge by some folks at work. There's a ten dollar buy in, and there are 15 people playing. I figure if I can hang with you big dogs, I can hang with anybody, right? For a chance at 150.00 bucks, h*ll yeah. ;)

So, any help any of you guys can give me ... advice, (if you've played before), predictions, (if you know who's going to win the SuperBowl that would be great).

Actually, we could have done this here. It's free to play (we're just making it more interesting).

Now, if anyone reads this thread anymore, I need help! I've been asked to do NFL.com's playoff challenge by some folks at work. There's a ten dollar buy in, and there are 15 people playing. I figure if I can hang with you big dogs, I can hang with anybody, right? For a chance at 150.00 bucks, h*ll yeah.

So, any help any of you guys can give me ... advice, (if you've played before), predictions, (if you know who's going to win the SuperBowl that would be great).

Actually, we could have done this here. It's free to play (we're just making it more interesting).

I think the Titans & Colts or Steelers will do pretty well in the AFC, and Giants & Panthers in the NFC; and Peyton Manning will have good passing statistics and DeAngelo Williams, & Adrian Peterson & LaDanian Thomlinson will have good yardage throughout the playoffs.

I honestly don't think any of the home teams stand a chance this weekend. They all won their weak divisions, but the wild card teams come from tougher divisions and have more wins under their belts.

Falcons over Cardinals in AZ

Eagles over Vikings in MN

Ravens over Dolphins in Miami

Colts over Chargers in SD

• 7 months later...

I am just bringing this back to life for my own reference ( so I don't have to keep searching for it ) until draft time , and in case anyone wants to take a quick look back at last season .

Please don't use this thread for posts re: the 2009 season .

-------------------------------------

Edited by Guest

I honestly don't think any of the home teams stand a chance this weekend. They all won their weak divisions, but the wild card teams come from tougher divisions and have more wins under their belts.

Falcons over Cardinals in AZ

Eagles over Vikings in MN

Ravens over Dolphins in Miami

Colts over Chargers in SD

I was 50% right...