Classical Music

williams

Many famous composers come from the classical period including Franz Joseph Haydn, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Ludwig van Beethoven. Some people would also include composers from the Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, and Romantic periods.The classical period is known for its simple, clear music, balanced themes, and defined harmony. Rather than the heavy, formal music of the past, classical was intended to be tuneful and elegant with dances such as the minuet.

-----------------------------------

Bobwilliams

Mississippi Treatment Centers

I think Classical music in the classical sense is every type of music from the 17th century to the late 19th/ early 20th century ;)

in German we distinguish that by calling Haydn, Mozart et al "Wiener Klassik" (vienna classical), don't know if that name is common in English though :)

I think Classical music in the classical sense is every type of music from the 17th century to the late 19th/ early 20th century ;)

in German we distinguish that by calling Haydn, Mozart et al "Wiener Klassik" (vienna classical), don't know if that name is common in English though :)

Well sometimes when people say classical they just mean all orchestral type music. But Classical is also a specific period within that.

some classical composers were absolutely brilliant

bach is always amazing to me even though i dont care too much for what he wrote but holy hell that dude wrote such complicated stuff and was so prolific too its a shame that most people stereotype the entirety of "classical" music to be the same as like eine kleine nachtmusik

Classical music for the short-attention-span generation.

Gustav Holst: "Suite #2 in F. Op. 28"

1. March 4:22

2. Song Without Words 2:40

3. Song of the Blacksmith 1:20

4. Fantasia on the "Dargason" 2:48

Also on the CD:

Holst: Suite #1 in E Flat, Op. 28

J.S. Bach: Fantasia in G Major

Handel: Music for The Royal Fireworks

Found on: "Holst/Handel/Bach"

Frederick Fennell/The Cleveland Symphonic Winds (A 1978 Telarc Digital music CD worth looking for that "hot August night" concert at the virtual bandstand.)