Wahoo!! New R.E.M.!

scott

I can't wait for this album to come out, I absolutely love R.E.M. (and especially because R.E.M. is the only band in like my top five bands that still puts out music)

NEW YORK (Billboard) - The first single from R.E.M (news - web sites).'s as-yet-untitled new album will be "Leaving New York," which is tentatively set for a Sept. 27 commercial release in Britain, where the veteran Athens, Ga. group retains a fervent fan base.

A group spokesperson had no information regarding the single's U.S. release, but confirmed the Warner Bros. album would arrive Oct. 5 in North America.

It will be the follow-up to 2001's "Reveal," which debuted at No. 6 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 411,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Among the other tracks being eyed for the new release are "Wanderlust" and "I'm Gonna DJ."

The song "Final Straw," which was previously released online and debuted during R.E.M.'s 2003 tour, will appear on the "Future Soundtrack of America" compilation, due Aug. 17 via Barsuk Records.

R.E.M. is planning a fall tour in support of the new disc, which is expected to encompass some concerts in swing states in the run-up to the U.S. presidential election.

R.E.M. guitarist Peter Buck can also be heard guesting on Irish rock act the Thrills' new album, "Let's Bottle Bohemia," due Sept. 14 via Virgin.

Reuters/Billboard

Here I'm gonna start a discussion on this to see if anybody but me and c-girl care about the wonderful R.E.M.

How do you all think this album is gonna sell?

I'm thinkin' really really really good, for a mixture of reasons

1)Their first studio album in three years.

2)Last years tour was one of their best and strongest, and most attended.

3)Their last release, their greatest hits album, was huge, and plus it scored them their first top 10 song in about 10 years (it was either 'Bad Day' or 'Animal' I'm leaning towards 'Bad Day' but I'm probably wrong)

4)Because R.E.M. kicks a** :laughing:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...