Bob Dylan- Blood On The Tracks

doqmsday

Among many others!...Tangled Up In Blue is one of my favorites also by Dylan...Would you like to give us a review on the album Blood On The Tracks dogmsday?....It's great that the younger generation is getting into Dylan...I'd like to hear your opinion on the album.....

Blood On The Tracks is Bob Dylan's 18th released album. Recorded in 1974 and released in 1975, Tracks is one of Dylan's most autobiographical albums. All the songs seem to revolve around Dylan's split up with his wife Sara Dylan. This is shown through the feelings Dylan must of been feeling during the split up. This is shown through greatest hits like Tangled Up In Blue, fan favorites like Idiot Wind, Simple Twist of Fate, Shelter From The Storm, and You're A Big Girl Now. There are also the out of the ordinary songs, like If You See Her, Say Hello, Buckets Of Rain, Lily Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts, and You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go. All of these songs show an appreciation for things once had. Dylan's voice may be considered "bad" but in this album, no other voice make as many emotions to look for beauty and hope in the pain and dissapoint. Thought one of Dylan's and anybodys greatest albums, Blood On The Tracks is a gem in Bob Dylan's career.

Cool review, doqmsday... :cool:

I agree with you, this album is a gem. My beloved friend bought it for me in 1974 after waiting a long time for a "perfect" Dylan LP.

There it was. Like a bridge after "Nashville Skyline", (his last good album for me) and some spare songs like "Hurricane" or "Changing of the Guards" in other albums that came later.

Something similar happens to me with the Rolling Stones after Mick Taylor: they hadn´t made a great album since "It´s Only Rock and Roll". And suddenly, in 1980, they deliver us "Emotional Rescue"... :cool:

Well, it´s about "Blood On The Tracks" anyways... :cool: which has a special meaning for me, I got it in Paris when my life was very different, with a man who loved me and protected me till his last day, with a heart full of illusions... and this album will definitely close a delicious chapter in my life.

Thanks for bringing it back.