"Dog Problems" – 4:11

"Oceans" – 4:48

"Dead End" – 4:08

"Snails" – 4:09

"The Compromise" – 3:27

"Inches and Falling" – 3:30

"If Work Permits" – 5:28

(iTunes Exclusive Track)

"The Lottery Song" – 2:28 (Harry Nilsson cover)

This album starts off with a waltz, "Matches." I'm not so sure what It's about, but when my brother downloaded this album, this song got erased. I re-downloaded it though. It's a nice waltz. Another waltz then follows, "I'm Actual." This song is sorta selfish. ("Can we please take this hour and talk about me? Talk about me and talk about me.")"Time Bomb" follows. THIS SONG IS A CATCHY AS, AS, Well, I don't know. It has a kick butt piano riff that is GREAT, and great lyrics! This isn't the song to buy (If you only can buy one) "She Doesn't Get it" is. This song sound like it was made in 1965 or '66! (Except for the subject matter. Listen to the lyrics.)Catchy guitar, sweet hooks, and an AWESOME video! "Pick me Up." What to say? Hmmm, It's an ok song, to say the least, but the chorus is weak. Next up is the title track. "Dog Problems." This song sounds like a Broadway song! A very serious subject matter, however. (I think) it's about cheating. Listen for the clarinet solo!"Oceans" probably contains one of the best parts of the album, the HAWAIIAN CHANT-thingy! ("OOOOOOOHH-WAAAAAAYYYY-OHHHHHHH")And then followesd by sone lyrics I can't decipher. They're in English, though! "Dead End" souns like another broadway song! Cool hooks! "Snails" is a cool number with a few good hooks. "The Compromise" was the first single off of the album, and is a SWEET song!! It's about Atlantic (their old recording company) wanting the band to write a song that would specifically "do well" on the charts. "Inches & Falling" is a optimistic-sounding song ("I love love! I love being in Love! I don't care what it does to me!")"If Work Permits" closes the album. When it starts, you wouldn't think that the song turns into what it does!It starts out as a slow acoustic number, but by the first chorus, it turns into a hard-rocking, GREAT song! It provides a good close to the album (feedback!)

When you download it from iTunes, you get a bonus track!!!!! It's a cover of the Harry Nilsson cover. Do I Need say more?

OK, this is it. What to score? If you like wierd bands with odd songs, buy this album. If you like thowback bands, buy this album. If you like alternative, BUY THIS ALBUM! Overall, I give it a 8.75/10.

Good review JonnyBoy!

I can just advise you to use more music related adjectives in stead of 'great, cool, awesome, good,..'. I know it's hard to describe sounds but that's part of an album review to me. I do like it when you give hints like 'listen to the clarinet solo' etc, that gets me curious. Maybe it's good to end with a few songs we should definitely listen to? I mean I'm not very excited to go and listen to the entire album, but maybe if I listen to a song and I like it, I'll go check out the others.

Anyway thanks for reviewing, I'll youtube some of their songs, keep writing :)

EDIT:

I like Inches and Falling is a really happy, catchy song, with some funny, chaotic interludes. :)

Oceans has a nice acoustic guitar, but it was a live video I listened to and I couldn't find anything better.

A band with catchy tunes I'd say :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest

Oceans has a nice acoustic guitar, but it was a live video I listened to and I couldn't find anything better.

Did you see this? I rely on the people that do this (put still images to make "videos" of songs) to find the song I want. (There's no acoustic guitar in the real version.)

This album starts off with a waltz, "Matches." I'm not so sure what It's about,

Song seems to be about waiting for one's lover to come home when that person is out partying without you. Love gone awry.

Matches lyrics

Ashes to ashes

Some dust on the dash

I've got my cigarettes

but I can't find the fire

that's calming me down

I was just out on a night with my friends

You are still out on a night

with your friends

and you don't seem to tire

when I'm not around

I'm under the tunnel

I'm holding my breath

I searched every pocket

that hung in the colest

'til I found some matches

in a brown leather jacket

One I swore I've never worn

but it once kept you warm

Do you remember

we made love on the floor

and you still haven't called

So I'll wait 'til they're closing the bars

I made a wish

but the match never lit

I listened to "Dead End", "Time Bomb" and "Oceans". I like them, easy-to-listen music, nice pop... I still have to listen to other songs but I don´t agree with you when you say "weird bands with odd songs". I just listened to three of them but I don´t find it´s weird... :cool:

I still have to listen to other songs but I don´t agree with you when you say "weird bands with odd songs". I just listened to three of them but I don´t find it´s weird... :cool:

You HAVE to listen to the whole album, espeically the title track, to get what I mean. What I meant was that they're not, in today's "Kids who like pop(ular) music's" eyes, "In-style"! In the "Kids who like Alternative music's"eyes, they're sweet! Compare the title track and "If Work Permits." See what I Mean?