Nobel Prize in Literature: Bob Dylan. How 'bout it?

JumboXL

Today we watched the dvd No Direction Home, for the 3rd time.

A thunderstorm disturbed our summer evening over here in The Netherlands, so we went inside and sought some guaranteed satisfactory entertainment.

Once more we were fascininated, and again with rising amazement, by Bob Dylan's artistry,musicality, intelligence, skill, drive and inspiration. We have seen him on stage two years ago, and we have his discography pretty much complete.

It made us wonder: what is the status of the drive or movement to make Bob Dylan be awarded with the Nobel Prize in Literature ??

Surely he is a most serious candidate.

My favourite line from His Bobness is: "And I have never gotten used to it, I just learned to turn it off...". That is from "If you see her, say hello".

Second best is from Visions of Johanna: "When the jelly-faced women all sneeze, Hear the one with the mustache say, "Jeeze I can't find my knees".

Nobel Price in Literature for Bob Dylan, say "Yes", and for what phrase(s) :rolleyes: !

May I have your votes, please...?

list monitors arrive with petition: iron-fisted philosophy is your life worth a painting? is this girl vs. boy with different symbols? being born is power scout leader nazi tagged as big sin your risk chains me hostage me, i'm fighting with my head, am not ambiguous i must look like a dork me, naked with textbook poems spout fountain against the nazis with weird kinds of sex symbols in speeches that are big dance thumps if we heard mortar shells we'd cuss more in our songs and cut down the guitar solos. so dig this big crux organizing the boy scouts for murder is wrong ten years beyond the big sweat point man, it was still there, ever without you coming back around, look! coming together, for just a second, a peek, a guess at the wholeness that's way too big

It made us wonder: what is the status of the drive or movement to make Bob Dylan be awarded with the Nobel Prize in Literature ??

Surely he is a most serious candidate.

I think he (or somebody) would have to compile all of his poetry into one collection and then have that nominated. It's too late to nominate him for a song written in 1968, for instance.