What are You Watching Now ?!

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished off House of lies (again because it was so bloody good...), American horror story and finally finishing off season 4 of True Blood (yes, totally for the man candy and also, because it's entertaining as hell).

The junk on Swedish TV is reruns from yonks ago with the only recent-ish things being Glee (yay) and garbage like America's next top model/dog whisperer which yes, I ashamedly have watched :P

The Gates is also on which I am slowly getting into, but I need some more suggestions of good stuff to watch!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've just begun watching Newsroom from the beginning. God, I love Netflix.

Under the Dome starts tomorrow. Fantastic Stephen King novel, I'm doubtful but optimistic about it's treatment for TV. Done right it could be good - here's hoping!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

BUGGER ALL!!!!!! Television is so bad these days. Most of the best shows air on speciality channels I don't get.

I was cheered to see that Whose Line Is It Anyway is back on the air. Although the host is new, the format is basically the same and the three regulars are Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie. Every week there ia a guest performer and a special guest from the sporting or entertainment worlds. The actress who portrays Maggie on the Walking Dead was the special guest in week one.

The performers are so talented and they clearly enjoy working with one another. The only negative is the ridiculous number of commercials they cram into one half hour show.

I fervently hope that reality television goes the way of the Edsel. It is so mind numbingly stupid.

I've been watching old shows such as "Good Times" and "The Prisoner" (original Brit mini-series, not the crappy US re-make).

Seeing cool shows like these reminds me why I don't get cable TV. Todays programming isn't close to the quality stuff I watched as a kid.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching Under The Dome...the first few episodes got my attention..but with only 3 more episodes left, I'm wondering where this story is going...Each episode there is more and more different characters and people involved...so many situations going on it's getting confusing...Doesn't seem like the typical Stephen King kind of movie. Maybe the ending will be, we'll see... :crazy:

:laughing: Then you're going to hate the show by the time you get caught up to season 5.

I just don't approve of the methamphetamine factor, I don't care about how they kill people or what not. I've watched some of this current season and nothing has bothered me so far, but I need to backtrack to the very beginning to gain a better perspective and understand the whole show better.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Scorpion. I really like this show. Apparently, it is VERY loosely based on the life of an Irishman named Walter O'Brien, a self-proclaimed genius with an IQ of 197. I don't really care whether or not the claims made by O'Brien are real or not. The show is well-acted and the stories, which can sometimes be quite implausible, are, nonetheless, very entertaining IMO.

• 9 months later...

After trying my best to avoid this broadcast-many-times FX series pilot, I finally looked at "The Bastard Executioner." (I had avoided "Sons of Anarchy" by the same crew, since the only Bikers I find interesting are Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz of "American Pickers.";) Bottom line, it's not quite up to the earthiness of "Vikings," but the Secret Welsh Rebel in the English Baron's inner circle looks interesting.

It's late September, so Network TV's Three Midgets are rolling out the latest crop of series that will send Cable TV viewers back to the likes of "Bizarre Foods," hoping for a cool, clear blast of Minnesota fresh air with "Fargo." 

The series finale of "CSI," which brings back (most) past characters for explosive mysteries. Since "what happens in (Las) Vegas stays in (Las) Vegas," it is interesting that some characters opt to return to "Sin City" after tasting life beyond the desert. As for the ending, there's more than one way to travel off into the sunset.;)

Oops! I recorded something else instead of the second season premiere of "Scorpion," but I'll see what happens on Season 2/episode #2.

• 3 months later...