• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I love Storage Wars!

You know that's all staged, right? YEEEEEEEEEP! :beatnik:

Currently watching the first season of the old Ranma 1/2 cartoon :cool:

This weekend, Cartoon Network had an Adventure Time marathon, which was most excellent:

The voice for "Jake, the dog" is the same actor who does the voice for "Bender, the robot" in Futurama :cool:

The last episode of Harry's Law. I can't believe they cancelled this show. It's incredibly well acted, well-written, cerebral and highly entertaining. God, television is really going to the dogs. Now instead of interesting stories, well-crafted plots and stellar acting we have......REALITY SHOWS. Does no one have a brain anymore. Je*** Ch***!!!!! Is it any wonder that television is dying. HBO and the specialty channels are getting to be the only stations that air anything interesting anymore.

By all means, let's pander to the generation that has a five second attention span and is all about instant gratification. God forbid they should actually have to think and concentrate for a few seconds.

Thank God I can get a lot of classic TV shows on DVD now.

I apologize for my rant. It was not my intention to imply that all young people love reality TV shows and have short attention spans. Many people my age are hooked on everything from Intervention to American Pickers. I mean how many reality shows do we need?

Have we become a society of voyeurs? Are our lives so uninteresting that we have to watch complete strangers debase themselves on national television? Do we have to live vicariously through "reality stars" (and I use that word in the loosest possible sense)? We've made famous people who have no talent, few brains and little common sense. Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton anyone?

Oh well, time to get down from my soapbox.

I agree Can-Am and that's why I cancelled my cable last year. If I want to watch something then I buy the DVD's. Or watch episodes online. Barney Miller and Fawlty Towers kicks the crap out of present-day TV. :rockon:

I am guilty of watching some reality shows, like Dancing With The Stars, The Biggest Loser (although I skipped it this time because I hated one of the contestants)and occasionally America's Got Talent, but that's it.

I refuse to watch Jersey Shore, Real Housewives, Bridezillas, the Bachelor, or any of those shows where they reward people for acting like a**holes. When my daughter is old enough, I will sit her down in front of an episode of the Jersey Shore, make her watch it, and tell her that if she makes friends with or dates anyone who acts like them, I will disown her!

:laughing: :laughing: :thumbsup:

Now THAT's good parenting ! :) Personally , I can't bring myself to watch any of them anymore . I feel they have run their course . I may put on the Deadliest Catch, since I like sea-themed stories , but it generally is just BGM for a nap . I am absolutely stunned that many of these shows have lasted beyond a single season ...

Dancing or sing contests ?!?! I've always seen America as more cynical and discerning than that , but was way wrong on that. Must be the wars .

Edited by Guest