What are You Watching Now ?!

Kevin

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from "Excellent Adventure" and "Bogus Journey", Keanu's best movies were "Point Break". "The Devil's Advocate", and "The River's Edge". "The Replacements" was good, and "Speed" was okay, but Dennis Hopper stole the show in that one. I thought the Matrices were overrated.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am watching the series "Little Dorrit" on my Netflix. I'm on disk 3 and am totally enthralled. Those Brits now how to do historic drama. And this is a Dickens drama, so it's got everything: the innocent charming beautiful young girl, the scheming sister and brother, the curmudgeonly father who's come into gobs of money, the labrador of a fellow who is helping them find their way in this new rich world and has been unfailingly kind... and the French murdering scoundrel.

What more could one ask?

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from "Excellent Adventure" and "Bogus Journey", Keanu's best movies were "Point Break". "The Devil's Advocate", and "The River's Edge". "The Replacements" was good, and "Speed" was okay, but Dennis Hopper stole the show in that one. I thought the Matrices were overrated.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As a math nerd, I have to applaud you on using the correct plural of Matrix. That said, The Matrix was awesome and groundbreaking in terms of how movies are shot (seriously, name an action movie from the past 10 years that didn't use bullet time) . . . but the other two were pretty much terrible. Even Monica Bellucci's monster cleavage couldn't save the sequels . . .

i have too many that i'm currently watching. how about the ones that i'm particularly enjoying?shinryaku! ika musume - how can you not love a show about a girl with tentacles as her hair, vomiting squid ink, working at a seaside cafe and trying to take over the world?kuragehime - must be a sea theme. this reminds me of otaku no musume-san, except it's not about a daughter, but a cross-dressing bishounen.mm! - fine, it's about a masochistic high schooler trying to change his ways, but it can be quite cute and sweet at moments.and a sentimental pick from my old collection for a re-watch - dennou coil - go watch it if you haven't.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I recently stole J's Roku box, which is a doohickey that allows you to watch Netflix on demand instead of waiting for the CDs. Bad idea. I got immediately addicted to "The Tudors." It's a carnival of lust, torture, death, destruction, betrayal, conspiracy, religion - and really bad acting by the guy who plays King Henry.

But oh man is it addicting. :crazy:

• 1 month later...

Just finished watching the 1996 (I think) mini series "Gulliver's Travels" starring Ted Danson and oh-so-many-others, including the great Peter O'Toole.

What a great show!! It was so well done and Danson did a superb acting job. I did not expect it to be that good, but I was enchanted. It made me want to read the actual book now. :grin:

• 1 month later...