What are You Watching Now ?!

Kevin

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A choice between two (basic/enhanced) Cable TV marathons:

SciFi: The Twilight Zone. Up now: "People Are Alike All Over" ("SyFy" sounds too much like "silly" or a "Leet Speak" invention/typing error.)

American Movie Classics: The Three Stooges in restored-to-HD-quality monochrome.

Edited by Guest

^ I love that show. I watched the episode where he was helping a guy make parchment paper out of goat hides. To prep the hides, they had to remove entrails and ears and such. The grossest thing was they had to pop internal zits on the hides. So, so, so nasty.

I just watched the Kennedy Center Honors with tributes to Robert DeNiro, Mel Brooks, Dave Brubeck, Grace Bumbry and Bruce Springsteen. Good stuff. My beloved Jack Black made a delightful appearance in the musical tribute to Mel Brooks. I was also pleased to see the gorgeous and talented Jennifer Nettles duet with Ben Harper on "I'm on Fire" during the tribute to The Boss.

"Apocalypse Man" on the History channel. Where to go? If you're in the country, head for the city...using secondary roads or the railroad. (Stay off the freeway/expressway!) Find temporary shelter close enough to the ground to leave immediately if "bad people" threaten. Head for the library for a sewer map, so you can move in and out of the city unseen. A base camp can be created at the local hospital, where you scrounge fuel for the backup generator. Take out lighting fuses; you don't want to light up the area and draw the attention of "yahoos." A car battery can be sharged up once you get the generator going. From the security office, external cameras keep watch for "the others." See if you can make contact with other survivors via shortwave radio. (Survival alone is depressing.) Another contact center is a taxi dispatcher's office. Stay out of the open, move quickly across such spaces, and assume that someone is watching you!

• 3 weeks later...

I think really fast sleds...and I mean FAST...I'm watching "Woodstock" ...Richie Havens... :thumbsup: Santana...Soul Sacrafice(sp?) Ten Years After...Going Home (on surround sound too) :guitar: Jimi Hendrix... :guitar: :thumbsup: :rockon: I think either they sped up the DVD or Jimi Hendrix is really playing so fast that his hand and blurry... :popcorn: Or maybe once again...some weed... :couch: