What are You Watching Now ?!

Kevin

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another pitiful episode of the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon show. He is a terrible replacement to Conan O' Brien. He can't even get celebrities to appear on his show, so he's resorted to b-list actors and bloggers from the Internet as his guests. His jokes are lame, his skits are pathetic and he will be fired as the host in a matter of time.

• 2 weeks later...

The "Hawaiian Hotel" sketch from the 3/7/09 episode of "Saturday Night Live" recorded to DVD+R off broadcast TV. The current Lt. Gov. made local headlines by vociferously protesting possible damage to the tourist industry. However, most of the words and situations in the skit are all too true.

Since the start of 2009, I've watched (and totally enjoyed):

Waking the dead (seasons 1-5)

Millennium (seasons 1-3)

Burn notice (season 1)

Californication (season 2)

Medium (season 3)

House (season 3)

as well as some random episodes of Psych, the Mentalist and CSI which have all been good.

The show wasn't one season by design. The producers found out it was being canceled with just enough time to cobble together an ending. I was really disappointed by the end, but with the amount of time the producers had, at least they came up with something. The British series was left pretty much open ended, so at least there was some sort of resolution, even if it was lame.

I didn't know it was being cancelled. I thought the show was excellent and I actually liked the ending. After all, the entire premise was quite a fantasy. I sure didn't want to see Tyler go back to the talentless and (IMO) not very attractive Lisa Bonet.

Perhaps the expense of producing the show had something to do with the cancellation. That was a pretty heavy and likely expensive cast.

Unfortunately , I think many modern shows are over relying on music to add some 'umph ' to their dramas . Fans of those tunes are a bit more impressed , but actually they are just music videos within a drama , and try to cover up for for a lack of good script-writing , imo , by playing on viewer's appreciation of particular songs .' Miami Vice' started this trend .

I don't mind it so much if it works well, like in Life on Mars, or Cold Case, which uses music from whatever year the cold case murder occurred, (or in some episodes they use music by one particular artist to help tell the story). Some of the younger, hipper dramas over use music to drive home the point that they are supposed to hip, and in that case yes, music is used as a cover up for story telling.

there's a bunch of "Who" things that I recorded... from the start...it's great... I mean "insanity at it's best"...And the music... :rockon: Even the early stuff... :doh: :rolleyes: "heatwave?" ...but I mean... They really Who'd it up...I have about 3 more hours to go at this stuff..."This is good stuff"